Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ChampCar teams have received Dallaras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which ChampCar teams have received Dallaras?

In Cavin's article this morning he said 3 Champ Car teams (KV, NHL, Conquest) have been confirmed for 6 cars. Have these teams had Dallaras delivered?

When will we hear from the other ChampCar teams? There is only 3 weeks until the open test so you would think they would need the cars like yesterday. Will some ChampCar teams that come over not participate in the tests? That would seem to be really foolish.
    "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Originally posted by Danny Noonan
    In Cavin's article this morning he said 3 Champ Car teams (KV, NHL, Conquest) have been confirmed for 6 cars. Have these teams had Dallaras delivered?

When will we hear from the other ChampCar teams? There is only 3 weeks until the open test so you would think they would need the cars like yesterday. Will some ChampCar teams that come over not participate in the tests? That would seem to be really foolish.
    I think 6 may be about it. That being said, Walker and Coyne may still pull partial season programs together, if the cost/benefits work out for them. A friend with ALMS said that Walker is nosing around over there, possibly setting up a program in P2 to start after Sebring, if the IRL doesn't pan out.

Comment

So 6 total teams with TG subsidizing the cost and he actually has to pay for this acquisition. Should have just waited another year. It looks as if the IRL was going to get enough cars this year anyways with Foyt, Vision, and D&R adding additional cars. That would have given the IRL 19 cars, then you would have had SAMAX, Sarah Fisher and Beck running selected races.

If all the IRL is going to get is 6 additional cars I would be greatly dissappointed.
      We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

I have heard that NHL and KV have gotten NEW Dallara's, they may have bought them ahead of time, or had enough advance notice that the deal was going down to have first dibs. Cavin has to deal in absolutes, Dale Coyne told me he would run two cars, and I believe him, that would be eight. Walker might have a problem with poaching his egg laying goose, but how can you pass on two NEW cars and two used one, he will probably find the money and run two, that's 10, I don't know about how motivated the others might be, but PCM appears to be in too.

I, along with many others often claimed the CCWS couldn't produce entries, how wrong we were. Of course none of us suspected how "convincing" Tony Georg could be.
        Last edited by rev-ed; 03-05-2008, 12:34 PM.
        It's always been about the Indy 500!
        I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

It looks as if the IRL was going to get enough cars this year anyways with Foyt, Vision, and D&R adding additional cars. That would have given the IRL 19 cars, then you would have had SAMAX, Sarah Fisher and Beck running selected races.
          Still waiting for a real announcement about that second Foyt car, ditto the 3rd Vision car, and actually the full time second D&R entry (although I think that'll happen with Duno/Bell sharing.

Nothing on the radar about SAMAX, hopefully Fisher gets a part time entry together. Beck? maybe Indy only.
          BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester
            Still waiting for a real announcement about that second Foyt car, ditto the 3rd Vision car, and actually the full time second D&R entry (although I think that'll happen with Duno/Bell sharing.

Nothing on the radar about SAMAX, hopefully Fisher gets a part time entry together. Beck? maybe Indy only.
            If Beck has Roger Y then they could do a partial season without TG assitance. SAMAX with Mario D money and TG's assistance could run a full season. If Runicon racing really has these sponsors then they could run a full season. Reason you haven't heard an offical annoucement on Vision 3rd car because of the Tracey hold up. I bet Rahal could run a second car with TG assistance. If TG offered free engines and cars to exisiting and potetial IRL teams, he could have gotten 22 this year and got Champcar for free. Really Champcar is not really offering much this year with Long Beach being a seperate race and only 6 confirmed cars.....might as well waited for next year. If these guys can't put programs together with free engines and cars.....they must have been getting quite a bit from KK and GF in champcar
            We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by SnakePitLounge
              It looks as if the IRL was going to get enough cars this year anyways with Foyt, Vision, and D&R adding additional cars. That would have given the IRL 19 cars, then you would have had SAMAX, Sarah Fisher and Beck running selected races. If all the IRL is going to get is 6 additional cars I would be greatly disappointed.
              They get far more than six, Cavin can't post anything that can't be confirmed. In order for the ICS to get to 18 this year without the consolidation, Vision would have had to run three and Tony George would have had to prop up two teams that were only going to run one. SAMAX was gone, and that wasn't a full season deal anyway. You don't like this deal, hide and watch, it will be better than most of us could have expected. If The CCWS just went away most of those teams wouldn't run ICS anyway without "encouragement," we get most of them and peace along with it a year earlier. All we have to endure is crappies with less than 100 posts sneaking in here trying to pee on the peace.
              I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Prediction? I hate making them, but...

Be prepared for a build up in car count that may not level out until Milwaukee.

That being said, Miami will have 25. St. Pete 25 to 27. Of course the Motegi/Long Beach thing will have 18 each due to the special circumstance that sucks. Kansas will have 28 to 30.

Indy will have 40 to 42.

Milwaukee may see a steady 30 that will ride us out to the end of the year.

2009 will have 26 to 30 because the sport will get a tad more expensive with the expansion of interest built up this year.

But don't hold me to these numbers.

Comment

SAMAX a no go!

Just a note to all...SAMAX is not running an indy car this season. I e-mailed them just before Milka signed with D&R and asked them about this season and they replied by saying they do not have a package for 2008. A guy named Peter is who replied to my e-mail.
                  Follow me, @skcoop80 on Twitter to read about stuff you probably already know...indycar, fishing, jokes.

Comment

The second round of tests haven't rolled around yet, so no
                    point getting worked up yet. Now, if only 4 cars show up,
                    OK that stinks - but what can you do. The economy is not
                    great and the openwheel war has decimated sponsor interest.
                    I'd love to see 24-26 cars at each race and some genuine
                    bumping at Indy (with 36-38 competitive entries) - but I'll just
                    have to be patient and wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by skcoop80
                      Just a note to all...SAMAX is not running an indy car this season. I e-mailed them just before Milka signed with D&R and asked them about this season and they replied by saying they do not have a package for 2008. A guy named Peter is who replied to my e-mail.
                      OK, can you find out who owned the car (s) and where it/they went?

Comment

Originally posted by Ydawg
                        The second round of tests haven't rolled around yet, so no
                        point getting worked up yet. Now, if only 4 cars show up,
                        OK that stinks - but what can you do. The economy is not
                        great and the openwheel war has decimated sponsor interest.
                        I'd love to see 24-26 cars at each race and some genuine
                        bumping at Indy (with 36-38 competitive entries) - but I'll just
                        have to be patient and wait and see.
                        The former CCWS teams test the 19th and 20th of March at Sebring, and the 24th and 25th at Homestead on the oval. Right now I see a maximum of 12 entries if the six teams I know will run have 2 cars each, I know nothing of Minardi.

Comment

I can confirm that Coyne will have at least 1 car and Walker will have at least 1 car. Unless there is a huge collapse, and their wont be, these deals will be announced soon.

Dont worry, we will get at least 8 from CC.
                          In loving memory of three of the best!

-Scott Brayton
                          -Tony Renna
                          -Dan Wheldon

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                            The former CCWS teams test the 19th and 20th of March at Sebring, and the 24th and 25th at Homestead on the oval. Right now I see a maximum of 12 entries if the six teams I know will run have 2 cars each, I know nothing of Minardi.
                            Looking into Minardi.....
                            In loving memory of three of the best!

-Scott Brayton
                            -Tony Renna
                            -Dan Wheldon

Comment

Thanx, Dale Coyne told me at Homestead he will run two cars, I said "all season?" He said, "yes, that's what we do." He didn't miss a minute of the Homestead runs, he talked with everyone he could find, I saw him with Greg Beck for over an hour, and TSO said he was at Sebring." I believe him, I know Bruno will test for him at both tracks too.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X