ICS Merchandise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS Merchandise

Another strength that CCWS had over ICS is the quality of their mdse. It was similiar to the type that F1 would have (they have the best shirts and stuff). Although I haven't purchased a lot of 75 dollar t-shirts I would like to have the choice over plain, white Nascar'ish drivers shirts we get to pick from from ICS.
    "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark

Originally posted by Corvette Jack
    Another strength that CCWS had over ICS is the quality of their mdse. It was similiar to the type that F1 would have (they have the best shirts and stuff). Although I haven't purchased a lot of 75 dollar t-shirts I would like to have the choice over plain, white Nascar'ish drivers shirts we get to pick from from ICS.
    Another strength?
    "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

For some reason they hardly put any of their actual product on the website, but they have some really nice stuff.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. One thing the IndyCar Series (and IMS in general) is lacking is a strong, appealing merchandise line. I hope TG & Co. look at some of the designers from Champ Car and team them up with the current staff. This merchandise is truly advertising that the league is making money on...the better it looks, the better the return.
        The only place where speed and desire culminate in immortality

Comment

I am guessing that none of you guys have been to the Indy Gift Shop, or one of the IMS merchandise tents at the races.

Call the gift shop and have them send you a free catalog.

I have purchased CCWS "stuff" and I have purchased IMS/IndyCar "stuff", and actually, the "stuff" from the speedway is usually of a better quality.

Comment

Originally posted by jdessar
            I am guessing that none of you guys have been to the Indy Gift Shop, or one of the IMS merchandise tents at the races.

Call the gift shop and have them send you a free catalog.

I have purchased CCWS "stuff" and I have purchased IMS/IndyCar "stuff", and actually, the "stuff" from the speedway is usually of a better quality.

I totaly agree about the quality...the stuff from IMS is second to none. However, I think there are a few of the shirt and hat designs that could be a bit more appealing.
            The only place where speed and desire culminate in immortality

Comment

The IMS merchandise slams what CC had. The polo shirts, for instance, are made by Nike, Reebok and Greg Norman. The T-Shirts are awesome and don't shrink. Hats are cool and the Green Light dicast cars are great and the Carousel1 diecasts are awesome. I like the line of mini helmets that were produced last year and the jackets look great, too. Also, the IndyCar magazines and Indianapolis 500 program are first class. Frankly, I don't see where anyone would think that CC merchandise produced by Speedgear was better than what is produced by IMS. It is not even close. With that said, you have some nice merchandise in your future to be had.

Comment

I don't know anything about the CCWS merchandise, but I'll say that IRL "stuff" looks really really REALLY cheap and stupid. Compared to ANY other professional sport- I put it dead last. On the other hand, when F1 came to town all of a sudden there were truckloads of cool threads and people lining up for a T-shirt or whatever.
                There is no doubt that Indycar must improve in this area. Their merchandise just plain sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc
                  The IMS merchandise slams what CC had. The polo shirts, for instance, are made by Nike, Reebok and Greg Norman. The T-Shirts are awesome and don't shrink. Hats are cool and the Green Light dicast cars are great and the Carousel1 diecasts are awesome. I like the line of mini helmets that were produced last year and the jackets look great, too. Also, the IndyCar magazines and Indianapolis 500 program are first class. Frankly, I don't see where anyone would think that CC merchandise produced by Speedgear was better than what is produced by IMS. It is not even close. With that said, you have some nice merchandise in your future to be had.
                  Because IMS and the IRL have a crappy web store. If you go to one of the Brickyard Crossing stores or the Museum stores, you know how much more actual product they carry than what they show.

Comment

Nothing was mentioned about price. Maybe the CCWS stuff was great, but, did it cost an arm and leg?

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa
                      Nothing was mentioned about price. Maybe the CCWS stuff was great, but, did it cost an arm and leg?
                      I don't know but it's on sale now. http://www.speedgear.com/stores.cfm?SID=3

Comment

First, to make this a competition is really kind of stupid. Strike that. It's really stupid.

Merchandise beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I haven't the time for a $75 t, no matter how purdy it is. However, I think driver shirts need to be upgraded. IMS stuff has usually been pretty decent (quality also).

Perhaps this could be turned into a thread about what kind of merchandise you'd like instead of trying to relive the flavor of the split. That's my advice, anyway.
                        "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

I would suggest that with the Indycar merchandise they have gone far beyond just getting the demographic core fan wrong - they don't even compare to Nascar junk, and that is truly sad.

Literally, a 2nd grader could come up with a hat that has a better design than just "Danica" or "Marco" in block letters.

In the past 10+ years, about the only item I think came close to looking half way decent was the Danica rookie t-shirt at Indy.

As soon as they come up with something reasonable I'll plunk down money for it. But something tells me that isn't going to happen and I'll continue wearing normal clothes to races.

Other than the IMS timeless wings logo -which of course, the IRL had nothing to do with, Indycar has laid a big goose egg for years in the merchandise department.

Have I made my point clear? (lurkers from the IRL office)

Comment

Sounds like we are talking two different issues.. high quality the consumer cost money, poor design is poor design.

ICS, keep the quality, improve the design, keep the cost affordable
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Comment

It's such quality stuff, they are discounting it up to 84% off.

Another strength? If they had more than one, why are they not around anymore?
                              Gregg Sebald

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X