Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indycar signs 6 yr deal with surfers

Link
    All right, you know what ... I ... We don't wanna talk, we wanna scream at people, but we don't want to listen or problem-solve. And that's what's frustrating about the dynamic of the group.

I think this is a good move. Here is for moving it to the spring though.

Comment

Originally posted by hotdog1
      Agreed if only so it counts toward the championship. But overall good move. Surfers attendance wise has only been beat in recent years by Indy itself due to the Supercar double bill. Definitely a race worth having on the schedule.
      Last edited by athletics68; 03-04-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Now they will find out what Indy really means, the cars and stars of the Indy 500!
        It's always been about the Indy 500!
        I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

wont happen as long as The Grand Prix is still in March, that is the original reason it was moved to the Fall from its original "opening round" slot because F1 got the Spring Date

Comment

Which Spring? There Spring or ours?
            "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

One of my favorite races on the schedule. Midnight green flag normally and usually the kids are out and I have full reign of peace.

Very bold signing. Shows TG is committed and wasn't sandbagging CCWS loyalists.
              More road and street courses please! Thank You :worship:
              http://www.chapparrelsdiecast.com/
              http://www.autisimspeaks.org

Comment

I am surprised this happened so soon and for such a long contract. Just shows how committed the Indycar series is to this whole effort.
                Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman
                  I am surprised this happened so soon and for such a long contract. Just shows how committed the Indycar series is to this whole effort.
                  Yeah, hopefully it will quiet the critics?
                  More road and street courses please! Thank You :worship:
                  http://www.chapparrelsdiecast.com/
                  http://www.autisimspeaks.org

Comment

So they inked a 6 year deal without setting a date?

Comment

Originally posted by solidiumsnak
                      wont happen as long as The Grand Prix is still in March, that is the original reason it was moved to the Fall from its original "opening round" slot because F1 got the Spring Date
                      Bernie has been talking like only he does...he's either going to shake them down for more $$$ or he will leave Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by solidiumsnak
                        Wait a minute...shouldn't F1 have been told they couldn't hold their race so close to an existing race? Isn't the FIA supposed to be independent?

Comment

so who's coming to visit? -cap

To be honest, I would like Melbourne to tell Bernie where to go when their contract is up, as then the Gold Coast will be able to get back it's march/april slot, as that is the best time of the year to hold a race in South East Queensland as it does not have such unpredictable weather at that time of year (and why it was originally held then)

:tg :kk

Comment

Originally posted by hikari
                            so who's coming to visit? -cap
                            No promises for next year, but sometime between now and when before that contract is up for expiration.

Comment

Originally posted by chapparrels
                              Yeah, hopefully it will quiet the critics?
                              Maybe come of the critics formerly known as CARTisans. But not those of us formerly known are IRListas who preferred a domestic focus for IndyCar.
                              The end of CCWS didn't end the war, just brought it all back in-house.
                              "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
                              “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
                              "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X