Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fittipaldi: IndyCar vs F1

Link

Maybe this should be sent to all the new CC drivers who have never raced ovals. They will dirty their pants.
    SR

:tg + :kk = :sings

Originally posted by SammyRules
    Link

Maybe this should be sent to all the new CC drivers who have never raced ovals. They will dirty their pants.
    How dirty were Juan Pablo's pants when he smoked the field at indy his first time out?

Comment

Originally posted by VeracityTeks
      How dirty were Juan Pablo's pants when he smoked the field at indy his first time out?
      Nor dirty at all...........but he didn't meet Mr. Concrete either............
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

not to mention viileneuve with a 2nd followed by coming back from several laps down to win in only his 2nd indy 500
        It's a league game, Smokey

Comment

Originally posted by SammyRules
          Link

That's funny. CC drivers are gonna S^^^ their pants because Emerson says you have to make smaller movements on an oval. wow.

Comment

Originally posted by ptistheboss
            That's funny. CC drivers are gonna S^^^ their pants because Emerson says you have to make smaller movements on an oval. wow.
            Emerson didn't drive Dallaras.

jono

Comment

Originally posted by ptistheboss

Emmo: "Everything has to be very smooth and very precise. It is not forgiving. A little mistake-you hit the wall."

I think I will take the qualified, expert opinion of a 2-time Formula 1 World Champion (from a time when the DRIVER made the difference), Indy car champ and 2-time Indy 500 winner over the ill-informed judgements of an internet forum wag.
              "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury
                Emmo: "Everything has to be very smooth and very precise. It is not forgiving. A little mistake-you hit the wall."

I think I will take the qualified, expert opinion of a 2-time Formula 1 World Champion (from a time when the DRIVER made the difference), Indy car champ and 2-time Indy 500 winner over the ill-informed judgements of an internet forum wag.
                Paging Mr Big .... Mr Big Wheel Hawaii ..... bingo on aisle 5 please

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury

If you'll go back and look closely, the internet forum wag wasn't disagreeing with Emmo. Rather, he was commenting on the remarks of another ill-informed internet forum wag.
                  "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Easy on the hyperbole, VT.

Back in those days, CART ran more than a few ovals a season and JPM was acclimated. Not to mention that he is a first class shoe.

You act as if these guys chose to be in CART or Champ Car versus Indy Car. They didn't. They took the best deal they could get and drove there (when there were paying gigs still left en masse in CART/CCWS).

Think of what was said by Emmo, what I said in a complimentary fashion about JPM, and then think about Franck Perrera or Dan Clarke taking it into the first turn at Indy....

...you still think there won't be any dirty drawers upon the oval neophytes in that crowd? Think again...Franck and Dan are not JPM.

Comment

So now ovals are tougher to drive than road courses? It's all relative.

Comment

See?

I told you the "merger" would make us all one big happy family.

Center Grove Trojans
                        2008 5A Football State Champs
                        2015 6A Football State Champs
                        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                          So now ovals are tougher to drive than road courses? It's all relative.

Tougher to *drive,* no. Tougher to *race,* well, that's a whole 'nother ballgame.
                          "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

I think you need to go back and look at the history of CART, most open wheel good road racers have very little trouble adjusting to ovals.

And the really good and great road racers have little trouble at all.

The biggest problem they will all have in 2008 is the lack of space when passing the moving chicanes on some of the smaller ovals.

Comment

Why do these conversations always remind me of JPM cruising to victory among and around the early IRL oval greats?

Perhaps it was the big grin that prompts it.
                              Dale Manus

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X