X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon announces driver:

Don't remember seeing anything about this yet:

Rubicon Race Team Driver Announcement

Max Papis will pilot the Rubicon Race Teams first ever entry in the 2008 Indy 500. Max brings an experienced resume to the team that includes three wins, 2 poles and 11 podium finishes on the open wheel side and numerous sportcar wins and podiums as well. Max started his racing career in 1981 karting in Italy and his flamboyant personality has garnered him many great relationships over his racing career.

"Mad Max is a good friend and we are very pleased he has joined our team for this Inaguaral team effort", said Priestley. "His personality and experience make him a great addition to our team".

Max brings his relationship with Geico to the team as a partner for the month. "Relationships are what build our sport and Max understands and cultivates that as a driver" Freudenberg mentioned. "This team is off to a great start because Jason, Sam and I along with Max, have been able to bring our business relationships together to form a strong business to business and business to consumer group that understand how to work together to grow".

Look for more partner announcements coming soon as well.
    Ryan

Daisey Designs
    High-Performance Card Models

http://www.daisey-designs.com

Wow. I think most of us were expecting that this entry would go to Scott Sharp.

Comment

Me too, but mad Max is just fine. Maybe Sharp is unavailable due to lawsuit with Rahal?....Might be sitting this 500 out.
      Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Excellent. It will be good to see Max back at Indy.

Comment

i like max's passion for racing...and life in general.

in my limited exposure to him, i have always found him to be appreciative and good with the fans.

look forward to seeing him this may.
          http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 9rows
            i like max's passion for racing...and life in general.

in my limited exposure to him, i have always found him to be appreciative and good with the fans.

look forward to seeing him this may.

Notice the change from #28 to #44..... In Champ Car, Mario Dominguez was #28.... Maybe a SAMAX Motorsports Entry....

Comment

Nice looking car, and Mad Max is a cool dude.

Comment

But PLEASE leave these guys at home!!
                Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

Great news! Love Mad Max, and I am glad that he is going to be back at Indy in 2008.
                  -Katie

Comment

Looks to be a Panoz.
                    It's always been about the Indy 500!
                    I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                      Looks to be a Panoz.
                      Yeah, about a 2001.
                      Ryan

Daisey Designs
                      High-Performance Card Models

http://www.daisey-designs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Powercat
                        Wow. I think most of us were expecting that this entry would go to Scott Sharp.

Well his name IS right there on the car!!!!!
                        Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

Nice looking ride!

ALMS will be racing in Utah on the 2nd week of qualifications, so I highly doubt we'll see Sharp in the 500 this year. He would have to qualify on the first weekend, which at this point in the game would be extremely difficult.

I did hear some 4th hand info from my only IndyCar "source" that he was trying to put together a Patron package for a 2nd Panther seat for the 500.
                          "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Originally posted by INDY500FAN13
                            Notice the change from #28 to #44..... In Champ Car, Mario Dominguez was #28.... Maybe a SAMAX Motorsports Entry....
                            Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by damilt
                              Maybe Sharp is unavailable due to lawsuit with Rahal?....Might be sitting this 500 out.
                              I don't think so.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X