Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Tenderloins?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Tenderloins?

    My 3 sons and I are heading back to the 500 again this year. Where are the best tenderloins? There was a drive-in South of the Speedway that we went by on Monday, but it was closed due to Memorial day last year. It looked like a decent place but I can't remember the name of the place.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Glenn
    My 3 sons and I are heading back to the 500 again this year. Where are the best tenderloins? There was a drive-in South of the Speedway that we went by on Monday, but it was closed due to Memorial day last year. It looked like a decent place but I can't remember the name of the place.

    Mug N Bun.......famous around these parts......Try Long doughnuts in the morning and end the night and Union Jacks eating a Chicago style pizza.
    We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

    Comment


    • #3
      The Mug and Bun?

      Comment


      • #4
        Try here.

        OT - Tenderloins


        But I think the drive-in you're referring to is Mug N' Bun .

        Comment


        • #5
          That's like asking which Victoria's Secret model has the best body. It really all comes down to personal preference. You might want to take a gander at www.porktenderloinsandwich.com to get some ideas.

          For me, nothing beats a track loin on race day, but that is 10% sandwich, 90% atmosphere.

          Comment


          • #6
            HopHead.... What's a Tenderloin?

            Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
            "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SnakePitLounge
              Mug N Bun.......famous around these parts......Try Long doughnuts in the morning and end the night and Union Jacks eating a Chicago style pizza.

              Yes, it was Mug N Bun. I like your idea of Long doughnuts, Mug N Bun, then Union Jacks!

              Thanks,
              Glenn

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by HopHead
                For me, nothing beats a track loin on race day
                That along with a track Bloody Mary has been our breakfast tradition on raceday for years now.
                To a New Yorker like yourself, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mug N Bun....and onion rings

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Actually, since you did not specify location, the best tenderloins on the planet are in a place called Chatt Bar in Chattanooga Ohio, it is only about 3 1/2 hours north and east of the track
                    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm a fan of Mug'n Bun. But do you guys really think their tenderloins are the best?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've had a couple excellent Tenderloin sandwiches at Dawson's at Main St. which is rock throwing distance from the 1st turn of IMS. Two thumbs up !!

                        I am still loyal, however, to the Mug N Bun because this is where I met my lovely (open wheel racing ran) wife. We both worked there back in the day. Those were the days of our lives !!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mug N Bun may not be THE BEST but after a hot day at the track its hard to beat their tenderloin, onion rings & root beer float.

                          About a million calories but, hey, its once a year.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2008 5A Football State Champs
                          2015 6A Football State Champs
                          2011 Track State Champs

                          Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Friendly's Tavern in Zionsville and the Flag Room get my votes.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Truth Detector
                              Mug N Bun may not be THE BEST but after a hot day at the track its hard to beat their tenderloin, onion rings & root beer float.

                              About a million calories but, hey, its once a year.
                              No doubt !! If you don't like this combination, go to the doctor and get yourself checked out because there is definitely something wrong with you. Good call TD.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X