Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allmendinger out at Red Bull .... to IndyCar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allmendinger out at Red Bull .... to IndyCar?

Imagine if we could get PT and AJ

wut?

Comment

Originally posted by AfterBurn
      PT has some value as a black hat. Allmendinger? 6 people would notice.

Comment

Is the title of this thread based on any reality, or is it just an attention getter?
        "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Where's Mack Too and his "eye candy"?

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
          "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

'Dinger is a lot more likely to be re-deployed to CTS or Nationwide than just cut loose outright.
            No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Comment

http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...pC8EwZyaaQ_Y_Q

It is based in some reality. It hasn't been announced that he's out but they are going to be making changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario4ever
                Is the title of this thread based on any reality, or is it just an attention getter?
                http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...out/index.html

Sounds to me like it's not rosey over there. Obviously the speculation would lead to him coming back to open wheel. And I'm guessing more than six people would notice.

You guys complain about the sport needing young american drivers, then you roll your eyes at the prospect of one coming here.

Too bad not every driver hire could be as exciting as Pablo Donoso.

Comment

He's 0-3 qualifying this season in Sprint Cup...I believe it was in the Sunday Indy Star that he might be looking for work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                    PT has some value as a black hat. Allmendinger? 6 people would notice.

Correct....a young, talented American is not needed in Indy Car racing.
                    We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

from your NASCAR Forum
                      http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103587
                      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Maybe AJ can call up Gerry Forsythe, beg him for a job, then he, Forsythe, and Tracy can "hug it out" and go IndyCar racing.
                        "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Originally posted by Racemind
                          Where's Mack Too and his "eye candy"?
                          I haven't read anywhere that 'dinger is our at TRB, link please.

I did see this at Jayski:
                          Red Bull could replace Allmendinger: Red Bull Racing is considering temporarily pulling #84-A.J. Allmendinger from his Toyota as it reevaluates that struggling program. Allmendinger failed to qualify for Sunday's race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, making him 0-for-3 on the season. In contrast, teammate #83-Brian Vickers has made all three races in the other Red Bull car. "We can't keep missing races. It's just not an option," said general manager Jay Frye, hired in January to turn around the second-year Red Bull program. We're looking at several different ideas, all aimed at figuring out what's wrong with that program, how we can fix it and how we can get that car into races. But it can't continue the way it is. It just can't." One of the options being considered is pulling Allmendinger from the seat and replacing him with a veteran who can help assess the program and get the car into races. Among the available drivers are Mike Skinner and Johnny Benson, who are currently both pitching in to fill an open seat at Bill Davis Racing, and Sterling Marlin and David Stremme. "We love A.J. and we're 100 percent committed to him and want to develop him," Frye said. "This is not at all giving up on A.J. But we just can't do nothing and risk having a season like that team had last year." Red Bull is also working on securing seat time for Allmendinger in Nationwide Series and Truck Series races to help his adaptation to NASCAR. Options in the Nationwide Series are rides in a Joe Gibbs Racing or Chip Ganassi car, and there could be some seat time available in a truck owned by Billy Ballew
                          "considering temporarily pulling #84-A.J. Allmendinger" doesn't mean that he is out, when there are 8 spots at best without anyone using a past champ, and one of the team cars is getting one of those there is only 6 or 7 spots left. MWR looks to be hooked up now, and are taking up three more. Tough times, how many races has the Wood Brothers made? Who would have thought Schrader would make that show. I don't see any on the availables list that I like better than AJA.
                          Last edited by Mack Too; 03-03-2008, 05:43 PM.
                          It's always been about the Indy 500!
                          I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by AfterBurn
                            are we accepting nascar washouts now?
                            http://thepurginglutheran.wordpress.com/

http://thegatwickview.tumblr.com/

http://thepurginglutheran.tumblr.com/

Comment

I have a feeling once AJA is out of that seat he won't be returning to it.
                              You should avoid making yourself too clear even in your explanations -

Baltasar Gracian, Spanish philosopher

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X