Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvick wants to race an Indycar

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/0302..._9739019.shtml

Harvick was commenting on the recent IndyCar merger when it got brought up if he wanted to race an IndyCar.
    "If the Sears Point date gets changed, we might have something to talk about. I'd like to try.

"But you will have to talk to my owner," Harvick said, pointing to his wife.
    Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
    Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

"There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

01 or 02 while he was visiting Robby Gordon, back when he affiliated with AGR, I asked Harvick about that and he wasnt interested back then. Wonder why the change of mind? Hmmm.....
    The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

Harvick's early career was pointed towards CART. His mom "re-directed" that path. When Earnhardt and Childress showed interest in him the path was east to NC.

Comment

Originally posted by Plectraholica
        01 or 02 while he was visiting Robby Gordon, back when he affiliated with AGR, I asked Harvick about that and he wasnt interested back then. Wonder why the change of mind? Hmmm.....
        Back then the WAR was in full charge and If I were him I wouldn't want to align myself with one side or the other either just to fuel the fire.

Now that people are really starting to LOOK at OW again (and they are), why NOT try to run something else. Hell, Sam ANDDario both said that they had achieved everything that they'd set out to achieve in OWR. Why can't Harvick or say Kyle Busch (in which I think would be GREAT in an OW car) come over and race in the IRL? Isn't that what everyone's been clamoring for? More Americans...etc... I honestly think that if Kevin DID come over and run a couple of races, Delana would own ANOTHER team and it'd be an IRL(ICS) team. That's just the way that Harvick IS. Always the rebel, as well as Robby Gordon & Kyle Busch are.
        But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Drivers and owners from NASCAR will both come to the ICS as either when the day comes that it's a good business decision. Not necessarily equal to NASCAR for them but when a sponsor and the money raise their interest level. Many in NASCAR have gone the route of owning teams in regional NASCAR divisions, the cost there is low enough that they only need a small sponsorship. ICS and Indy sponsorship is never going to be cheap so getting a serious sponsor is the only way they'll ever come.

Harvick is a good example of why it would be nice to get Chevrolet back in the ICS. It would lend some encouragement for him to start a team, do the double and maybe bring along other NASCAR Chevrolet drivers. One that sometimes drove his now Nationwide car and Truck, I still find it interesting that Tony Stewart hasn't signed, nor wants to negotiate during the season on, an extension with Joe Gibbs for his 2009 expiring contract. I have to believe that Chevrolet is part of that equation.
          "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
          "They're criminals"
          "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Harvick has always said that he was an Indy Car fan growing up and that was what he wanted to do. It would be cool if it happens, but doing the double is impossible these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Threewide
              Harvick has always said that he was an Indy Car fan growing up and that was what he wanted to do. It would be cool if it happens, but doing the double is impossible these days.
              How could you not be an IndyCar fan when he and the Mears gang share the same home town?
              Gregg Sebald

Comment

Please note that *I* had nothing to do with starting this topic....

(for those who haven't been on TF for a long time, a few years back I sorta started a Harvick/Indy 500 rumor that got totally out of control and ended up on espn....)
                I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Harvick has mentioned that in the past (as has Junior), but usually in conjunction with the Indy 500, he mentioned an Infineon date change, andthe NASCAR Infineon race is scheduled for 6-22, so it appears he wants to run somewhere other than Indy. Right now the ICS runs Iowa Speedway on 6-22. Looks like he wants to run a short track and has studied up on it.
                  It's always been about the Indy 500!
                  I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

I took it to mean he was talking about the IndyCar Sears Point date changing?
                    "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
                    the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
                    -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                      Harvick has mentioned that in the past (as has Junior), but usually in conjunction with the Indy 500, he mentioned an Infineon date change, andthe NASCAR Infineon race is scheduled for 6-22, so it appears he wants to run somewhere other than Indy. Right now the ICS runs Iowa Speedway on 6-22. Looks like he wants to run a short track and has studied up on it.
                      Maybe he's lookin' to do some road racin'. Ya know, with the stick shift?

Either way, oughta be innerestin'.
                      And don't forget the heat!

Comment

Harvick=Nascar=I don't care

of course yes I know the pub it would generate

yet

I DONT CARE
                        Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Why would he be expecting the Sears Point date to change? Is there discussion of this?

Comment

Dream Team

IF IF IF IF...it's always an if. Happy has indicated in the past that he grew up a Mears fan. It's funny how the MEDIA has dubbed this the year of the OW invasion. (I know, I've bellied this before), but the OW invasion has been going on for SOME time now. Still, it'd be a fun time to see Harvick, Kahne, Dale Jr. (mentioned before by himself and another thread), Robby Gordon, SMOKE, John Andretti, and Jeff Gordon at the 500. DOUBLE OR NO DOUBLE, it'd be worth it. Yet, if I could sway TG to change back the time I would. Hell, bring Dinger too! SPEED would have to devote 90 hours to the Month of May just for the coverage. DW would be invited (he's claimed he's a fan), but HELL NO to Spencer on this coverage.

ok, ok, I'll shut up now. I know Mack and Racewriter will understand.

before BRUCE says it...dumbest post ever!

Comment

Yuck, no way, rather see Jr.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X