Homestead Pit pass question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homestead Pit pass question

We have pit passes for homestead. I was wondering what we are required to do for that and if it's worth it. I know some tracks you can't get close to anything.

Jason
    I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver

Originally posted by Jason
    We have pit passes for homestead. I was wondering what we are required to do for that and if it's worth it. I know some tracks you can't get close to anything.

Jason
    Are they "Hot" or "Cold" Pit passes? If they're HOT, then you can stay down on Pit Road during the race and can go virtually anywhere you choose. Especially if you just walk in like you own the place. Show ANY hesitation and they'll Stop you.

Cold Passes will get you down on Pit Road and the Garage areas all the way up until the race starts. If it's the IPS race, you can generally get away with staying in the pits.

I get them every time I go to a race. I damned sure think that they're worth the $30 you pay for them.

PS: Was your name put on a list from one of the "Teams"? That's generally a "Hot" pass if so. If you're just buying it like any "Joe Blow" fan, then they'll be "Cold" passes. they're STILL fun and you'll get alot of pictures, even pictures with the drivers IF they've got the time.
    But that's just my opinion!

Comment

cold

they are cold passes. What is the traffic like for this race? This is a first time for me so should we try to get there very early? Do we have to wear long pants or anything like that for cold passes? Also I'm having trouble finding what I can take into the track with me. Since it's an ISC track I would assume the small cooler, clear plastic bag and camera and scanner. Is that right?

Jason
      I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver

Comment

Traffic and coolers

Getting to the track is not a problem, we got there last year at around 1:30 an drove right in. Parking is free. Getting out is another issue, we normally just hang out 1 1/2 or 2 hours after the race. Traffic stays backed until you get to the first toll booth so no sense in just crawling along. We'll take a grill and cook something before and after the main race. Welcome to join us.
        Your right about the coolers, small softsided only, but the track does provide passouts so you can go back to your car and fill it back up during the day. It's never been that long of walk back to the car.

Comment

If you're coming in Saturday AM to see all the races, traffic will be minimal. Don't worry about it.

You can wear shorts with you pass, just have closed toe shoes.

You can bring in coolers, with your own "juice". They also sell beer, etc on site. Your list sounds right. Homestead security is usually fairly "light" in comparison to some ISC tracks.
          "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Homestead is a great track to go to. I love it. The garage pass is a must have.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
              they are cold passes. What is the traffic like for this race? This is a first time for me so should we try to get there very early? Do we have to wear long pants or anything like that for cold passes? Also I'm having trouble finding what I can take into the track with me. Since it's an ISC track I would assume the small cooler, clear plastic bag and camera and scanner. Is that right?

Jason
              All "cold" means is that you can't get on pit road. The one time I had to go from the infield to the grandstand press box area I had to get in my car and drive around. I have never been there for a race, but I expect there is some sort of walk-over to the grandstands.
              It's always been about the Indy 500!
              I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                All "cold" means is that you can't get on pit road. The one time I had to go from the infield to the grandstand press box area I had to get in my car and drive around. I have never been there for a race, but I expect there is some sort of walk-over to the grandstands.
                Walk "under". It's right at the end of pit lane towards T1. Wide, and rarely crowded.
                "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X