Scheckter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheckter

As Tomas Scheckter is one of only 3 drivers who were full time last year not to get a full drive this year (as well a Sarah and Matsuura), do you think that he will get a full drive somewhere this year - and if so with who?

Well, if he happens to win Kansas let alone Indy then it wouldn't be very clever for the series to have him on the bench for 13+ races. Otherwise, the only way he could get a full season ride was if Briscoe started going on crash-rampages again, which I highly doubt.

Comment

i think he is thinking big picture and being selective who he drives for
      No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

It may be partial season, but getting a foot in the door with Penske is never a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Powercat
          It may be partial season, but getting a foot in the door with Penske is never a bad thing.
          Absolutely.

Comment

Is there a Tomas Scheckter fan club? I want to join!

Comment

There is on Facebook actually...

Comment

I wonder if it's coincidence that as soon as AJ4 moved over to the 2 car his results soared. Presently, the guy is faster than RHR at Sebring, and barely behind Mutoh.

Personally, I think all the Scheckter fans are in denial about why he's on the sidelines.

Comment

Wouldn't a mature, competitive A.J. Foyt (IV) in a combined series be great in a combined series of drivers who once laughed at Quatro?

Just hearing the names Andretti, Rahal, and Foyt consistently will be nice to these ears. Maybe there will be an Unser in the mix. Maybe the #98 will have P.J. Jones in the cockpit.

As for Scheckter, I think there is movement afoot by old man Penske to secure LDR's place at the table in the series and that will require a season long commitment. Jay cannot view this as a hobby if he wants to take over the Penske Racing. I predict Jay's sponsor(s) will find a source that makes their commitment multiply like the fishes and loaves in order to run a full season.

Teams like LDR will be given the two extra days at Miami and St. Pete to catch up if they "find the money". Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Roger Penske.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkDonohueFan
                    Wouldn't a mature, competitive A.J. Foyt (IV) in a combined series be great in a combined series of drivers who once laughed at Quatro?

Just hearing the names Andretti, Rahal, and Foyt consistently will be nice to these ears. Maybe there will be an Unser in the mix. Maybe the #98 will have P.J. Jones in the cockpit.

As for Scheckter, I think there is movement afoot by old man Penske to secure LDR's place at the table in the series and that will require a season long commitment. Jay cannot view this as a hobby if he wants to take over the Penske Racing. I predict Jay's sponsor(s) will find a source that makes their commitment multiply like the fishes and loaves in order to run a full season.

Teams like LDR will be given the two extra days at Miami and St. Pete to catch up if they "find the money". Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Roger Penske.
                    I really hope to see TS at every race this year. This would be by far Scheckter's best shot at winning consistently and winning the 500. If he can't win in a Penske Car, he might as well hang it up. Yeah I know, it is Jay's team, but come on, Roger will be involved to some extent. Roger won't let Jay fail.
                    16th and Georgetown, the greatest place on EARTH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolIRL
                      I really hope to see TS at every race this year. This would be by far Scheckter's best shot at winning consistently and winning the 500. If he can't win in a Penske Car, he might as well hang it up. Yeah I know, it is Jay's team, but come on, Roger will be involved to some extent. Roger won't let Jay fail.

Luzco Dragon Racing isn't a satellite team of Penske Racing this year, supposedly. Hope Scheckter and the team has a good result. It would only be good for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by irvinefan
                        As Tomas Scheckter is one of only 3 drivers who were full time last year not to get a full drive this year (as well a Sarah and Matsuura), do you think that he will get a full drive somewhere this year - and if so with who?
                        Even though I was a Champcar fan, I have always liked Tomas, I hope he is around for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Nutella
                          Well, if he happens to win Kansas let alone Indy then it wouldn't be very clever for the series to have him on the bench for 13+ races.
                          He's got a darn good shot to win Indy. How many laps has he led there?.. It's a good track for him and he'll have good equipment. If it is a means to make LD racing a full-time team, I'll be rooting for him.

Comment

What threewide said is right. It is completely different from Penske apart from the owners name. I hope he does well...

Comment

Originally posted by irvinefan
                              What threewide said is right. It is completely different from Penske apart from the owners name. I hope he does well...
                              They can say that all they want, but do you honestly think that Roger would let Jay struggle and not give them any sort of help what so ever? They can say satelite all they want, but Roger has a vested interest in this team and will support it in some aspects. This is a big opportunity for Tomas, one I hope he makes successful!
                              16th and Georgetown, the greatest place on EARTH!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X