Dave L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave L?

Dave L are you still out there? Can the merger be the key to getting you back to your beloved Indy 500 after such a long absense? Deerefield is only three and a half hours away from turn one. You can do it. Anyone with the vast knowledge and expertise on the history of the Indy 500 that you have needs to eventually come home. This would be a good year!
    Rick
    God speed!

Originally posted by Rick Jones
    Dave L are you still out there? Can the merger be the key to getting you back to your beloved Indy 500 after such a long absense? Deerefield is only three and a half hours away from turn one. You can do it. Anyone with the vast knowledge and expertise on the history of the Indy 500 that you have needs to eventually come home. This would be a good year!
    Rick
    Dave's around. In fact I believe he's posted during the past week.

Comment

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102260

Comment

Rick
        I'm still here Rick. Actually, turn one is exactly 3 hours from Deerfield. I'm not sure how you drive

$4.00 a gallon gas may keep me away before my emotions do. I'm still in the process of sorting out how I feel.
        The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

3 hours X 65mph = 195 miles.
          195 divided by 16mpg = 12.1875 gallons
          12.1875 X $4.00 = 48.75 X 2 for round trip cost of $97.50.

I'd hate to see you have to break the bank to attend the Indianapolis 500.
          "We are all speeding toward our deaths at 60 minutes an hour." Sid Collins on Race Day, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL
            I'm still here Rick. Actually, turn one is exactly 3 hours from Deerfield. I'm not sure how you drive
            Getting to Chicago is one thing but getting through the city is another. I always seem to catch a stop and go...more stop than go, traffic jam in Chicago.
            Rick
            God speed!

Comment

Dave, being a fan of the history of the Indy 500, you may appreciate some of the cars that I have created at the Indycar Design It history section. Some are reproductions of actual cars that did race and others are creative interpretations of what cars could have looked like if certain sponsors chose to support a team back in the day.
              Rick
              http://www.indycar.com/community/des...r=Rick%20Jones
              God speed!

Comment

Dave, being a fan of the history of the Indy 500, you may appreciate some of the cars that I have created at the Indycar Design It history section. Some are reproductions of actual cars that did race and others are creative interpretations of what cars could have looked like if certain sponsors chose to support a team back in the day.
                Rick
                If I had good templates to work with I'd try my hand at Indycar fictionals. The folks who look at my NASCAR fictionals tell me I do a halfway decent job.
                The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Rick

You must spend a lot of time on those! Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL

$4.00 a gallon gas may keep me away before my emotions do. I'm still in the process of sorting out how I feel.
                    It's only $2.97 here in Austin. Of course it's 1,100 miles to Indy...

Then again, gasoline is over 8 USD per gallon in France, so don't feel too bad. Texas is larger than France, too.

If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

$3.40 for regular at Homestead.
                      It's always been about the Indy 500!
                      I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Variation in state taxes has a lot to do with gas prices. California's tax is the highest at 62.8 cents per gallon, Alaska is lowest at 26.4 cents. And Illinois and Indiana are in the top 12.

http://www.api.org/aboutoilgas/gasol...-Tax-Rates.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too

Yeah, but you're in Homestead.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2008 5A Football State Champs
                          2015 6A Football State Champs
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                            I'm sure most here feel real sorry for you.

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey

You must spend a lot of time on those! Nice work.
                              It takes about two hours to do one of these, adding color, patterns, and graphics for the sponsors and such. For the cars that do not have an established template to work from, I create my own drawing of the car from scratch, working from a number of photo resources, and this takes several hours.
                              Rick
                              God speed!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X