Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can one of you Indy Hoosiers take some pix for us.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can one of you Indy Hoosiers take some pix for us.......

of the new look of the turn one infield?
    I would sure appreciate it and I'm sure many others would as well.
    (Please don't direct us to the pix on the IMS website, they suck)
    "We are all speeding toward our deaths at 60 minutes an hour." Sid Collins on Race Day, 1964

One of the members here was periodically posting pictures to their blog. Can't remember the name right now.
    "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
    the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
    -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

"flyingpylon", I believe.

roach

Comment

Originally posted by jcroche
        "flyingpylon", I believe.

roach
        Yup, that's the guy.

Here is the most recent update I found on his website, for photos of the new "MotoGP Road Course" area.

Click Here

Comment

Yep, that was me... thanks for the link. I've been thinking that if we get a nice day sometime soon I should make another update...
          Paul Woods
          IndyCar Buzz | 500 Miles to Go

Comment

Today's going to be high of 60 and party sunny. I might take a track tour today and take my camera.

Comment

I went by the track on Thursday and very little has changed since the last photos from the track. I know they will construct some kind of inside wall and catchfence on the inside - but the view from the museum of turn 1 was fantastic!
              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

IMS Motorcycle Road Course Construction Virtual Reality

Thay have a great shots of the turn 1 complex from the E-Stand Penthouse
                Never Drink and Drive, Use a 3-Iron...

"Call Tony George, sell him your assets and save money, if not open-wheel racing." - Robin Miller to CCWS

http://koorsenmfg.com

http://www.mulsannescorner.com

Comment

Awesome, thanks!!
                  "We are all speeding toward our deaths at 60 minutes an hour." Sid Collins on Race Day, 1964

Comment

On my way out the door right now. Think I'm only going to take some shots from the museum parking lot though.

Comment

Not a lot to see.

Comment

...I can see enough in those pictures to determine that IMO they've totally ruined the turn 1 infield, just as they did the turn 4 infield. :mmph:
                        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan
                          ...I can see enough in those pictures to determine that IMO they've totally ruined the turn 1 infield, just as they did the turn 4 infield. :mmph:

The T1 infield deserved to be torn up... Those POS infield bleachers should have been either upgraded or demolished long ago... oh, IMHO, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by use2know
                            The T1 infield deserved to be torn up... Those POS infield bleachers should have been either upgraded or demolished long ago... oh, IMHO, of course.

...the bleachers weren't the greatest, and it's certainly nowhere you wanted to sit on race day. I don't have much of a problem with the bleachers going away, it's the infield itself I'm disppointed to lose. I always liked parking there on practice and qual. days. During those days it was kinda nice during the day to go back to your vehicle to re-stock the cooler, perhaps grill a little something to eat and converse with others in the vacinity doing the same thing.
                            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I agree indyracefan.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X