Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMS needs to open the NW vista for practice again.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IMS needs to open the NW vista for practice again.

    I talked about this in diff thread but I felt it needed it own thread.

    The NW vista has been closed for practice for the last few years. It has only been open for Fast Friday and Quals.

    A few years ago I had a heated discusion with a woman in marketing for IMS. She said that the reason for the closure was to bring the fans closer to the sport.(aka bring them closer to gasoline alley and the hot dog stands.) I argued that the best way to get close was to let the fans see the cars and as much of the track as possible.

    Just my opinion.
    www.fairtax.org



  • #2
    If practice attendance goes up they will reopen it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nope - STAND E as it used to be before the museum was opened in the infield. With the loss of turn one parking - I can see them using the lot on the south side of 16th. Maybe.....
      Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree. I would luv to see them open that section up on Pole Day. Theres nothing like seeing those cars coming straight at you in turn one. Especially for new people . If that does't bring them back nothing will.

        Comment


        • #5
          I agree, watching anything at IMS from the infield is the absolute worse. You might as well be watching a train go by. I wish they would make it happen, for the fans.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gcbrn
            I agree. I would luv to see them open that section up on Pole Day. Theres nothing like seeing those cars coming straight at you in turn one. Especially for new people . If that does't bring them back nothing will.
            In my experience, Stand E and E Penthouse are always open on Pole Day.

            I think the OP means on days when the only activity at The Track is practice, they should open other stands besides those in the infield.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gcbrn
              I agree. I would luv to see them open that section up on Pole Day. Theres nothing like seeing those cars coming straight at you in turn one. Especially for new people . If that does't bring them back nothing will.
              E Stand is always open on Pole Day.

              Comment


              • #8
                E Stand used to be the only place you could watch tire testing throughout the year. It was also open along with the Tower Terrace during practice for those who did not want to do the infield "party" trip.

                Does anyone remember the fellow - I believe his name was George - who was on the safety patrol who was the "manager" of the stand during testing. He was a great guy to talk to as he had been there for so many years. I'm sure he has probably passed on by now.
                Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by meirafan
                  I agree, watching anything at IMS from the infield is the absolute worse. You might as well be watching a train go by. I wish they would make it happen, for the fans.
                  Hey now! I've been in Tower Terrace on race day for 20 years. I like being that close to the pit stops and have no problem seeing the entire front straight, exit of T4 and first half of T1.
                  --Paul Dalbey
                  (the poster formerly known as 'pdalbey')

                  Different men, from vastly different backgrounds, focused on the same goal – a white line painted on a yard of brick 500 miles ahead.

                  http://Fieldof33.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pdalbey
                    Hey now! I've been in Tower Terrace on race day for 20 years. I like being that close to the pit stops and have no problem seeing the entire front straight, exit of T4 and first half of T1.
                    To each their own. Try the NW Vista Deck and see some of the backstretch, turn three-four, front stretch and into one, and then get back to me. Looking side to side and not being able to see passes develop and potential issues with slower traffic isn't my cup of tea and it's too hard on the neck.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by meirafan
                      To each their own. Try the NW Vista Deck and see some of the backstretch, turn three-four, front stretch and into one, and then get back to me. Looking side to side and not being able to see passes develop and potential issues with slower traffic isn't my cup of tea and it's too hard on the neck.
                      Oh, trust me, I would prefer to sit in NW Vista or E-stand but Tower Terrace are not the worst seats. North and South Vistas are the worst seats, followed by NE Vista Backstretch.
                      --Paul Dalbey
                      (the poster formerly known as 'pdalbey')

                      Different men, from vastly different backgrounds, focused on the same goal – a white line painted on a yard of brick 500 miles ahead.

                      http://Fieldof33.com

                      Comment

                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X