J Stand at IMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Stand at IMS

Anyone think that there is a chance this stand will eventually get renovated with perhaps adding a deck section similar to the vistas?

Originally posted by t-o-double-d
    Anyone think that there is a chance this stand will eventually get renovated with perhaps adding a deck section similar to the vistas?
    I wouldn't think so; at least not for quite awhile. In fact, I can't see IMS adding any additional seats. With walkup seats available for all three events today it wouldn't make any sense to add more. Having said that you never want to say never. If Georgetown Road ends up getting moved farther west in a few years that leaves more room for a lot of things at the track. J-Stand might be in line for some kind of rebuild at that point.

Comment

Just as long as they don't frig with the penthouses. and spoil the looks.
      I have spent more time here than I did in school.

Comment

IMS does not need to add seats. They need to move seats. They need to take out some of their crappy seats and put more seats where people can see some action.
        "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzoBandini
          IMS does not need to add seats. They need to move seats. They need to take out some of their crappy seats and put more seats where people can see some action.
          That's exactly what I think as well. They could start by removing the first 5-7 rows of the Tower Terrance and giving more rooms to the teams on pit road. Then remove the bottom 10-15 rows of the north and south vistas because you can't really see anything from there anyway. I would add deck seats to S and N Vistas, as well as J-stand. H-stand probably doesn't need a deck yet but J-stand, especially high-number sections, would be great, especially if they stay ~$85 while NW Vista Deck stays at ~$150.
          --Paul Dalbey
          (the poster formerly known as 'pdalbey')

Different men, from vastly different backgrounds, focused on the same goal – a white line painted on a yard of brick 500 miles ahead.

http://Fieldof33.com

Comment

Originally posted by t-o-double-d
            I don't know about that but if they do, I better still be on the top row like I am now! I've been sitting on the top row in J for over 30 years.
            "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
            Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
            www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by prell5713
              Just as long as they don't frig with the penthouses. and spoil the looks.
              They put temporary boxes on top of the J Stand for the BY400 once or twice. Not sure what the reception was, but that was when they had considerably fewer hospitality areas, so I doubt they'd need those anymore.

J Stand I doubt will ever change. Perhaps a paint job or such, but no major changes. That's one of the few "old school" grandstands, and the people who sit there apparently are "old school" Indy fans. There would be some sad faces if they ever changed it.

Like others have said, all they really need to do these days is eliminate some of the seats that you can't see over the wall, and get some more separation from the racing surface in certian places (for safety).
              Doctorindy.com

Comment

IMS needs to open the NW vista for practice like the old days. It is now only open for fast friday and quals.

A few years back I had a very heated talk with a woman in the IMS marketing dept about the stand being closed. She said by closing the NW vista it brings the fans closer to the action(aka closer to the hot dog and t-shirt shops). I said that keeping people away from seeing the cars in action was taking them away from the action.
                www.fairtax.org

Comment

The disassembled and galvanized the metal to end the need to painting a few years back - I think that stated what the future holds fo J for the next several years.
                  Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzoBandini
                    agreed.

I brought this up a couple years ago here.

something about adding hi-rise seats in the corners where you could see 90+%
                    of the track

North & south chutes' lower rows are practically worthless
                    Live like Dave

Comment

Are these seats any good?

I got mine today

Stand J, Sec 18, row P

are these seats too low?

(I couldn't help but notice that the tickets show Dario, Argent, Vonage, Canadian Club...all gone for this year)
                      Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by raskav
                        I got mine today

Stand J, Sec 18, row P

are these seats too low?

(I couldn't help but notice that the tickets show Dario, Argent, Vonage, Canadian Club...all gone for this year)
                        I'm in J, Sec 18 Rows P and Q this year too. Last year I sat in J, section 4 row L. I wouldn't want to be any lower than that but thought the seats were great. I'm going to renew every year and work my way higher though.

Comment

Originally posted by brickyard1911
                          I don't know about that but if they do, I better still be on the top row like I am now! I've been sitting on the top row in J for over 30 years.
                          which section?, we are at the top of 29 and I am not sure I would trade them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis H.
                            which section?, we are at the top of 29 and I am not sure I would trade them either.
                            Section 23, Row JJ, top row.
                            "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                            Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                            www.fairtax.org

Comment

I've been in "J" section 26 since 1968. I guess that makes me old school.
                              I hope nothing's done to that stand until I'm gone.
                              Leave it as is!
                              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X