• Show
Clear All

• Finally, someone notices!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...ON08/803010392

Have a very blessed day!

...I hope it stays that way too.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I always try to take new visitors to Indiana to the track when in Indy. It is a delight like no-other on earth.

Thank you Hulman and family, you are greatly appreciated.
      "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

This article ought to appear n the Wall Street Journal. Many criticized TG when he broke tradition and opened up IMS to host NASCAR. Every corporate CEO out there wishes they had the opportunity to virtually double their annual income with minimal investment. This is what TG did. In a sense, the NASCAR boom and avid following of fans has that has come to the Brickyard each summer has helped TG and IMS invest in making the facility better as noted in the article, and it has helped keep the Indy 500 and the IRL beyond life support during the darkest days of the split. Many have portrayed TG in a negative light over the past years, but he apparently has a sound business mind and great financial advisors around him as his grandfather had.
        Rick
        God speed!

Comment

Right on.
          www.fairtax.org

Comment

I don't think we, all race fans, can ever thank the Hulman family enough or fully appreciate all they have done for racing! I totally agree with the Indy Star article. THANK YOU ALL!

Comment

I'd have to say in this day of US sports, this is refreshing and should be commended.

I'm going to the 500 this year for the second time and can't wait.
              And don't forget the heat!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Jones
                Many have portrayed TG in a negative light over the past years, but he apparently has a sound business mind and great financial advisors around him as his grandfather had.
                Rick
                People always target the guy out front...we went to Colts games (pre-Peyton) where Jim Irsay was booed, which they wouldn't do now. My only complaint of Tony was the 25/8 at Indy, which I think REALLY split the thing wide open and stopped any early mending, but now I think he probably saw it as one way to make the IRL legit in the early going, and he was probably right. He just played with "tradition" and that ticked people off.

I love how owners play the stadium card, and how that will "make us a contender!" The Pittsburgh Pirates are on the verge of having the longest run of losing seasons in MLB history, and that was AFTER they got their new stadium.

Comment

I would like to know how much sales tax revenue is generated at IMS every year; I bet it is a staggering amount.
                  "We are all speeding toward our deaths at 60 minutes an hour." Sid Collins on Race Day, 1964

Comment

TG realized he could leverage this awesome asset over multiple platforms (how's that for b-school jargon?).
                    While the biz "geniuses" @ CART p*ssed away their IPO money on (unneeded) owner subsidies, TG invested for the future.

:tg
                    Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by badart
                        You did it backwards. It should be.

"But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
                        the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
                        -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

Originally posted by SoHoosier
                          My only complaint of Tony was the 25/8 at Indy, which I think REALLY split the thing wide open and stopped any early mending, ...
                          "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
                          the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
                          -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

I've been fortunate enough to have several discussions with TG over the years. While not the best communicator in public, I've always found him to be a plain spoken man with a strong sense of both history and strategy when it comes to not only the sport but to the Speedway. I can assure you he does not take his responsibility lightly, and he is not the lightweight some would have you believe. I personally doubt thta many others would have invested as much of their family and personal fortunes as he has in the furtherance of any sport. It's pretty much unprecedented.

And, fortunately, we get the benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by WhirlinGraphics
                              Yep!
                              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X