Gerry wasn't interested in getting together with IRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerry wasn't interested in getting together with IRL

Paul Tracy: "We had planned to go down to the test, but it was passed down from Gerry, nobody's going anywhere down there," Tracy said. "Gerry has never made it a secret he wasn't real interested in getting back together with the IRL."

I don't expect to see Forsythe Racing in 2009
    Tara was the name of our cat.

I'm calling it right now......he'll eventually start another series. I wouldn't doubt seeing the current Atlantics series running under his lead here in the near future
    We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Paul Tracy: "Gerry has never made it a secret he wasn't real interested in getting back together with the IRL."
      It must have been a secret to at least some members of the team. From what I am reading on other threads, it sounds like they were all blindsided by his decision not to join the fun in IndyCar.

Comment

Originally posted by HopHead
        It must have been a secret to at least some members of the team. From what I am reading on other threads, it sounds like they were all blindsided by his decision not to join the fun in IndyCar.
        Remember last week when everyone was talking about the merger was a for sure thing but Gerry told Muskrat not to go get fitted for a seat?

That should have been a clue to us all.

Comment

Originally posted by DR_K13
          Remember last week when everyone was talking about the merger was a for sure thing but Gerry told Muskrat not to go get fitted for a seat?
          Uh... no. I only remember hearing that PT was getting fitted for a seat.
          "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

PT and GF make a lovely couple.
            "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
            -John Morley

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP
              Uh... no. I only remember hearing that PT was getting fitted for a seat.
              http://winnipegsun.com/Sports/OtherS...64010-sun.html

Canada's Paul Tracy said yesterday an expected merger between the Champ Car World Series and the Indy Racing league may not happen this week, or even this season.

In a telephone interview from his home in Las Vegas, Tracy said he had been told to cancel a scheduled trip to Indianapolis, that would have had him being fit for a seat in an IRL Dallara chassis in preparation for that series' opening race at Miami-Homestead Speedway on March 29.

"All I know is that three days ago there was a plan for me to go get ready to drive an IRL car; that there was going to be a merger," he said. "Now (yesterday) I was told: 'Don't bother coming to Indy' because the balls are all back in the air."

The 2003 Champ Car champion said he's frustrated at what is, or is not, going on.

"I don't know what the hell is going on," Tracy said. "It seems to change from hour to hour. You hear from one person that a merger is done and the next person tells you it's not."

Comment

Poor Paul . . . :mercy: :mercy:
                "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                Groucho Marx

Comment

Old and bitter is a bad way to go Gerry.......

call Newman and have him explain to you how to embrace unification

Carl Haas will probably even give you a ride down to Indy in May if you chip in for gas
                  Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by SnakePitLounge
                    I'm calling it right now......he'll eventually start another series.
                    The unification agreement/memorandum of understanding presumably includes a non-competition provision to bar that possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by atmow
                      The unification agreement/memorandum of understanding presumably includes a non-competition provision to bar that possibility.
                      No compete clauses never hold up in court. The courts when never side against someone trying to explore an opportunity to better themselves or make a living. My company stopped having Sales Reps sign them....they are about as worthless as the paper they are on
                      We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation
                        Old and bitter is a bad way to go Gerry.......

call Newman and have him explain to you how to embrace unification

Carl Haas will probably even give you a ride down to Indy in May if you chip in for gas
                        Now, I don't care who you are. That right there's a great post.
                        "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

The enforceability of non-compete covenants hinge on a few factors, one of which is the reasonableness of the geographic restriction. It's incredibly doubtful that a court would find a non-compete covering "the United States" or "North America" to be valid, but you never know I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakePitLounge
                            I'm calling it right now......he'll eventually start another series. I wouldn't doubt seeing the current Atlantics series running under his lead here in the near future
                            I seriously thought about that too, when it was mentioned on another site, but there is little chance for it to succeed now, in my opinion...too expensive. Even CC with a history, a stable of drivers and teams, decent tracks, and a few decent sponsors couldn't make it happen. Now IRL has absorbed all of that, so any new organization would be starting with less than nothing. At least CC was respectable long enough to be considered a competing series. Tracks would be reluctant as long as they have a chance at getting on the IRL schedule and after all the work it took to get peace, I can't see KK agreeing to allow them to use Cosworth engines for that type of series, so someone else would have to build them, and former CC teams would have to be blind to the consequences. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble.....

He may try, but it consider it a doomed effort.

Comment

...I don't expect to ever see GF in the ICS. And that doesn't bother me in the slightest.
                              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X