Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get their 500 tickets today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get their 500 tickets today?

I love the day the 500 tickets arrive in the mail.

Today was the day for me.

Makes it seem a little warmer outside.

got mine as well

Comment

Since I'm local and work downtown anyway, I have the ticket office hold mine for pick-up. My heart couldn't handle it if the post office lost that envelope. But I'm with you.....it already looks warmer outside! -cap

Comment

Got mine as well..dont know what to make of this but asked for 2 more this year hoping to get close to the other eight we have (for more than 25 years), ended up with two right beside the other 8. I am pleased but makes me wonder how sales are.
        I'm gonna wiggle it at 'em, you cheap [email protected]@rd. Be prepared, because when I yank it out, everybody in that audience except my wife is gonna be runnin' for the exits.

Comment

Originally posted by texacostar05
          Got mine as well..dont know what to make of this but asked for 2 more this year hoping to get close to the other eight we have (for more than 25 years), ended up with two right beside the other 8. I am pleased but makes me wonder how sales are.
          Your seats aren't the ones that got mowed down for the new MotoGP course are they? Turn one terrace or whatever they were called? If so, you can add all the tickets you want.

Seriously though....where are your seats?

Comment

Originally posted by ovalfan01
            Your seats aren't the ones that got mowed down for the new MotoGP course are they? Turn one terrace or whatever they were called? If so, you can add all the tickets you want.

Seriously though....where are your seats?
            NE vista, right in the middle of T3..about 2/3 of the way up.
            I'm gonna wiggle it at 'em, you cheap [email protected]@rd. Be prepared, because when I yank it out, everybody in that audience except my wife is gonna be runnin' for the exits.

Comment

Not too surprising then. That's one of the largest grandstands. I always monitor the IMS ticket website to see whats available and I haven't noticed anything unusual. You can find two decent seats almost anywhere in the vistas. I don't think it's a case of folks not interested in the race anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ovalfan01
                Not too surprising then. That's one of the largest grandstands. I always monitor the IMS ticket website to see whats available and I haven't noticed anything unusual. You can find two decent seats almost anywhere in the vistas. I don't think it's a case of folks not interested in the race anymore.
                Based on your monitoring you would know better than I would but we have been sitting there (or very close) to that location for a very long time and I never remember a large amount of vacant seats come race day. Are you suggesting most around us just buy each year and very few renew? Now farther into the backstretch or down low usually has empty blocks but where we are its always jammed packed so like I said getting two right next to the others was a little surprising.

Comment

Has anyone ever had their tickets get lost in mail? I imagine IMS wouldn't have any legal obligation to reprint...but do they anyway?

jp
                  "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Originally posted by jp
                    Has anyone ever had their tickets get lost in mail? I imagine IMS wouldn't have any legal obligation to reprint...but do they anyway?

jp
                    I've always worried about that so I have the Speedway hold them and I pick them up when I get to town. I think IMS wouldn't have an obligation, but if you're a long time ticket holder, I'm sure they'd help you out.
                    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

I pick mine up too. It a part of a spring ritual.
                      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                      Groucho Marx

Comment

Well that last third is tougher to move up to, said the LL row guy.

I think they do their best to keep seats together if you ask. I had 4 and 6 Brickyard tickets and wanted to move higher with both ended up higher and on the inside edge of two adjoining sections all together.
                        "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                        "They're criminals"
                        "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by MASrules
                          I love the day the 500 tickets arrive in the mail.

Today was the day for me.

Makes it seem a little warmer outside.
                          Sadly Indy isn't on my race calendar this year. However I did just buy my Long Beach CC/Indy, Laguna Seca Atlantics, Indy Sonoma, Sonoma NASCAR, Fontana NASCAR, and Laguna Seca ALMS tickets today.

My bank account is now begging for mercy

Comment

Based on your monitoring you would know better than I would but we have been sitting there (or very close) to that location for a very long time and I never remember a large amount of vacant seats come race day. Are you suggesting most around us just buy each year and very few renew? Now farther into the backstretch or down low usually has empty blocks but where we are its always jammed packed so like I said getting two right next to the others was a little surprising.

I've noticed the same thing in the SW Vista. Decent tickets remain available via the IMS website although come race day it is full. For kicks I just searched for two tickets in the NW Vista and got section 1, row J.....which is the section closest to the end of the turn. Sounds like yours are better, so maybe you just got lucky? You never really know unless you just call the ticket office.

Enjoy the race!

By the way, about the lost tickets. I know more than one person this has happened to. If the post office is unable to locate them, the ticket office will work with you and re-print them....although I'm not sure how much they would do come race day and someone is in your seat. I'll stick to picking them up.....I'm at the track pretty often throughout the month of May.

Comment

Got mine today!
                              Upgraded 4 sections and 1 row better!

Don't like that I'm on the aisle now though. Might have to go to the ticket office to see if I can trade them in for some in the middle of a section?
                              "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
                              the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
                              -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X