Barry Green/ Paul Tracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Green/ Paul Tracy

There you have it.....if somone had an inkling of Marketing ability they would make this happen......need story lines.....could you imagine the story lines this would make for the 500? Barry has had his nose around the racing business the past couple of years.....these two need to hook up and come back from some unfinished business
    We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Why not just have Forsythe sell Barry Green his team and then Barry can take the free cars and engines and make it a two car team with Tracy and Villenueve as the drivers.

Talk about angles for stories...

Comment

You know.....that's exactely what I was thinking......Forsthye has a very impressive shop, with alot of room. Doesn't need that much running a two car Atlantics team.
      We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

I'm not sure PT and Green parted on good terms, but I always thought they worked well together.
        ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Originally posted by MASrules
          Why not just have Forsythe sell Barry Green his team and then Barry can take the free cars and engines and make it a two car team with Tracy and Villenueve as the drivers.

Talk about angles for stories...

That's about the best idea on this subject that has been brought up, but isn't Barry Green still working with Andretti-Green in some capacity. Seems liek he is calling someone's race at the 500 every year?
          "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

If they let Paul Tracy slip to the Truck Series, something is wrong and they have no business in the business. Like him or hate him, Tracy belongs in Indy Car. I dont understand why Paul doesnt try to start his own team.

Comment

Seems to me that if Forsythe had the money to run a champ car season with no sponsorship, that he surely would be able to run an IndyCar season when provided with an engine lease and two chassis, plus the 1.2 million TEAM assistance.

My guess is that he just is experiencing sour grapes and doesn't want to play in Tony's sandbox. Too bad he doesn't have any feelings of obligation to his employees.
              "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Barry is too busy trying to find Jacques Villeneuve a sponsor for his NASCAR ride.

From Feb 20th, USA Today; MONTREAL (AP) — Jacques Villeneuve has lured former IndyCar owner Barry Green out of a semi-retirement in Australia as the driver regroups for a renewed effort to make a successful transition from open-wheel racing to NASCAR.
                Green, who owned teams that Villeneuve rode to championships in the 1990s, will work with the one-time Formula One world champion to find the sponsors he needs to get a full-time ride either in the Sprint Cup or Nationwide series.
                www.RacingNation.com & www.1057FMTheFan.com
                Harry A. Miller vintage Indy Car event & IndyFest at the Milwaukee Mile July 10-12, 2015
                Author of Arcadia Publishing release: 'Road America' available at Amazon.com

Comment

Originally posted by paul-collins
                  I'm not sure PT and Green parted on good terms, but I always thought they worked well together.
                  "Its feels a lot better to have this boot in my hands than up my @ss"

- Paul Tracy from GP of Houston circa 2000, referring to the boot shaped trophy he received for winning the race. The year before, at the same event, he collided with Dario and took him out, which caused a smal scuffle between Paul and Barry Green on pit road.

Comment

Barry Green and Gerry Forsythe were co-owners the team in 94.

Comment

Originally posted by paul-collins
                      Thats what I was thinking, some kind of falling out after Surfer's in whatever year it was, which was Team Green's last Champcar race I believe.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X