X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andretti calls Paul Tracy too old...

... for AGR.

Hilarious article on www.speedtv.com

Didn't mean it in a mean way, but still funny...

There is [apparently] an article in today's Star where Tracy says he doesn't want to race at Vision, although Penske or Ganassi would do fine.......
    ...the spice must flow.....

Comment

It is kinda funny...I am sure Paul would kick butt.

Unfortunately, though he may have fan appeal and ability, I don't see him as marketing material for a sponsor. That's the game today.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Kimble
        There is [apparently] an article in today's Star where Tracy says he doesn't want to race at Vision, although Penske or Ganassi would do fine.......
        If I read that article correctly, PT says he doesn't want to race at Vision, but wants TG to speak on his behalf to Penske/Ganassi...
        #BCForever

Comment

Don't see why not, he's talked to Ganassi folks recently...
          ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Kimble
            There is no reason why Penske or Ganassi cannot retain him for one year. He would bring Monster and perhaps other sponsors to cover his frieght. If he turns races into a smash up derby then he's gone for 09. If not he brings more attention to a unfied series then any other driver on the grid - including lack of talent Danica and man-boy Wheldon.
            Some people are like a Slinky .... Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile
            when you shove them down the stairs.

Comment

I wonder how well PT and Helio would play together...
              ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by aportinga
                ........... including lack of talent Danica and man-boy Wheldon.
                Nice cheap shot on Wheldon by no one is surprised.
                "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Ya know, Paul Tracy doesn't have that great of a record at IMS. He tore up a lot of cars for RP and had a so-so year for Newman Haas before the split.

He wasn't really competitive at IMS until he had a chance to run a
                  "c-wagon".

Certinaly, he's a talented driver. But I put him in the Robby Gordon column, where results haven't lived up to potential.
                  I ain't quiet, everybody else is too loud.

Comment

How old is too old to race open wheelers in this modern era?
                    You should avoid making yourself too clear even in your explanations -

Baltasar Gracian, Spanish philosopher

Comment

What's new? Every driver in the IRL would love to have have a seat at Penske or Ganassi.

Comment

Originally posted by CARTer
                        Certinaly, he's a talented driver. But I put him in the Robby Gordon column, where results haven't lived up to potential.
                        Good comparison.

IMO these guys are both hard to like no matter how hard I try.
                        "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Now PT is blaming TG for former Champ Car employees being out of work.
                          (See Indy Star - Forsythe article)
                          "We are all speeding toward our deaths at 60 minutes an hour." Sid Collins on Race Day, 1964

Comment

I can't see Tracy at Penske, those bridges were burned a long time ago.

Comment

Tracy to Vision is the perfect ending to this whole saga.
                              The "Final Meltdown" for the CarpWagoneers too.... :tg
                              Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X