Dan Petit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Petit

Now with Forsthye gone does he run a car on his own? It's my understanding his good buddies with KK so I would think he has interest in the new league.

And as a long time IRL fan, I want to make this comment about GF, cut the guy some slack. Whether you like him or not, he's a competitor and he just lost the war, I doubt he wants another beating by taking an unprepared team and running behind the likes of Penske and Ganassi. He's used to running beside them. I think he takes a year off.....regroups......and comes back in 09. If you remember, he took 10 years off after his race debue in 83 with Teo Fabi. I don't blame the guy, I would do the same if I was in his shoes. It's really not like he wanted to spend his own money running a race team in the series he owned. Remember last year he threatned to run only one car.
    We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Originally posted by SnakePitLounge
    Now with Forsthye gone does he run a car on his own? It's my understanding his good buddies with KK so I would think he has interest in the new league.

And as a long time IRL fan, I want to make this comment about GF, cut the guy some slack. Whether you like him or not, he's a competitor and he just lost the war, I doubt he wants another beating by taking an unprepared team and running behind the likes of Penske and Ganassi. He's used to running beside them. I think he takes a year off.....regroups......and comes back in 09. If you remember, he took 10 years off after his race debue in 83 with Teo Fabi. I don't blame the guy, I would do the same if I was in his shoes. It's really not like he wanted to spend his own money running a race team in the series he owned. Remember last year he threatned to run only one car.
    actually his race debut as a sponsor was in 81 with Brayton, and as an owner 82 with Rebaque and Sullivan
    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Maybe he comes back, maybe he doesn't..........but he could have $2.4 million of TG's money plus chassis and engines if he runs 2 cars this year and another $2.4 million next year.

If he skips this year, I sure as heck hope free chassis and engines are not part of his return. I suppose a full effort in '09 would qualify for the TEAM payments of $2.4 million for 2 cars but everything else should be on his dime.
      "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
      Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      www.fairtax.org

Comment

I would have more respect for GF if he would have just said that Forsythe Racing chooses not to run in the new series. But to say that they couldn't find sponsorship, when Indeck has been sponsoring the Champ Car team for just about forever, was just insulting to the fans. And I don't care to be insulted.
        "Sometimes a majority simply means that all the fools are on the same side." C. McDonald

Comment

I guess I shouldn't have put my two cents about Forsthye...it threw my orginal question off topic.....anyone have any idea what the status is on Petit?
          We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Pettit more or less served as a placeholder when he owned RuSport for a year, he never showed any real interest in keeping the team going. I'd be surprised if he started a team of his own.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X