Red Bull Racing in 09??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Bull Racing in 09??

Saw this somewhere else, thought I'd throw it up here for discussion.

Red Bull joins unified series in '09 with 2 cars. Drivers, Scott Speed and A.J. Allmendinger.

It is totally speculation as far as I know, but I really like the sound of it. You'd have to think both these guys would rather be in open wheel cars, and I for one would like to see them here.
    Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Wont happen.
    GO COLTS!!!

Comment

No way that happens with those drivers. If the team did happen I gaurantee that Buddy would be one of the drivers.
      Dan Wheldon Forever In Our Hearts

Comment

As long as they are in F1 I don't see them being a PRIMARY sponsor in another open wheel series. However I would love to see Scott Speed and AJ back were they belong. Dario too.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxracer
          As long as they are in F1 I don't see them being a PRIMARY sponsor in another open wheel series. However I would love to see Scott Speed and AJ back were they belong. Dario too.
          They were a primary sponsor on one of PKV'S Champcars last year.

Comment

Originally posted by reynard7
            They were a primary sponsor on one of PKV'S Champcars last year.
            Supposedly that was just for one year as payment to buyout the Cosworth contract. I'm not saying that's fact, I'm just saying that's what I've read.

Comment

Title sponsor of the Indy Pro/Honda Atlantics Series? Maybe. But for now, they are F-1 as a team only.

Comment

If they were to have a team I would prefer Rice & Allmendinger instead of Allmendinger & Speed.

Comment

2010 on all counts. I think Red Bull will be content with their poor performance in NASCAR for 2008 and when it continues into 2009 maybe they'll decide not to spend the money to do that poorly. Likewise Allmendinger and Speed will stay the course into 2009 when they'll see they've topped out in stock cars.

There's an article about Speed, Red Bull and their F-1 times in the new Car & Driver.
                  "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                  "They're criminals"
                  "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Wasn't it just announced that Speed would run the complete ARCA season this year?
                    Do we love racing?.....You bet Uhrass!

Comment

Originally posted by SeeUinMay
                      Saw this somewhere else, thought I'd throw it up here for discussion.

Red Bull joins unified series in '09 with 2 cars. Drivers, Scott Speed and A.J. Allmendinger.

It is totally speculation as far as I know, but I really like the sound of it. You'd have to think both these guys would rather be in open wheel cars, and I for one would like to see them here.
                      "Someone else on another message board made this up and I liked it too."

Comment

Originally posted by rrrr

True. Scott and AJ are pretty happy making big bucks right now

Comment

Originally posted by rrrr
                          Isn't that what I said??

True. Scott and AJ are pretty happy making big bucks right now
                          Hey, if I could get paid for watching other guys race every week, I'd take Allmendingers gig in a heartbeat. Really doubt that is what a professional race car driver considers big fun though.
                          Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

With Speed joining NASCAR I find this highly unlikely.

Comment

Red Bull could replace Allmendinger: Red Bull Racing is considering temporarily pulling #84-A.J. Allmendinger from his Toyota as it reevaluates that struggling program. Allmendinger failed to qualify for Sunday's race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, making him 0-for-3 on the season. In contrast, teammate #83-Brian Vickers has made all three races in the other Red Bull car. "We can't keep missing races. It's just not an option," said general manager Jay Frye, hired in January to turn around the second-year Red Bull program. We're looking at several different ideas, all aimed at figuring out what's wrong with that program, how we can fix it and how we can get that car into races. But it can't continue the way it is. It just can't." One of the options being considered is pulling Allmendinger from the seat and replacing him with a veteran who can help assess the program and get the car into races. Among the available drivers are Mike Skinner and Johnny Benson, who are currently both pitching in to fill an open seat at Bill Davis Racing, and Sterling Marlin and David Stremme. "We love A.J. and we're 100 percent committed to him and want to develop him," Frye said. "This is not at all giving up on A.J. But we just can't do nothing and risk having a season like that team had last year." Red Bull is also working on securing seat time for Allmendinger in Nationwide Series and Truck Series races to help his adaptation to NASCAR. Options in the Nationwide Series are rides in a Joe Gibbs Racing or Chip Ganassi car, and there could be some seat time available in a truck owned by Billy Ballew.(Associated Press/Sports Illustrated)(3-3-2008) Comment here
                              I realize Allmendinger has been with Red Bull for quite a while and they have helped his career but it's better to start looking out for yourself before somebody else makes a decision for you. The OW form of the sport where AJ has far more experience, shown much more skill and has had success is at a turning point where he would be a desirable driver with or without RB. His opportunity at this time in history could pass while he struggles to find a place in NASCAR.
                              "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                              "They're criminals"
                              "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X