• Show
Clear All

• nascarnation
    replied
    Kalkhoven attended, he thought it was great....... :tg

Leave a comment:

• ECH
    replied
    As I understand it, the program is for 4th graders in the Indy area: http://www.500festival.com/events/EducationProgram.asp.

Description of the program:
    Education Program

Indiana history is shifting into high gear for more than 24,000 Hoosier fourth grade students as they learn about the 500 Festival, Indianapolis 500 and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The 500 Festival and Indianapolis 500 Education Program teaches Indiana fourth grade students about the 500 Festival and the Indianapolis 500’s place and importance in Indiana’s rich culture.

Schools enrolled in the program receive complimentary Indiana academic standards-based lessons for use in the classroom along with the opportunity to follow lessons with a study trip to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in April and May. Subjects covered by the curriculum include Indiana history, science, health, language arts, physical education and math.

The 2007 500 Festival and Indianapolis 500 Festival Education Program included 338 schools with 24,015 students from 1,003 classrooms. These classrooms span 166 communities and 76 counties (totaling 82 percent county participation of 92 Indiana counties). Sixteen IPS schools participated along with 53 Indianapolis-area township schools.

Leave a comment:

• brickyard1911
    replied
    Link?

What is it?

Leave a comment:

• ECH
    replied
    I went ahead and signed up for a date in April. I would still love to hear about anyone's experience with the program!

Leave a comment:

• 9rows
    replied
    i have not, but here is a bump for you.

Leave a comment:

• ECH
    started a topic IMS education program

IMS education program

Anyone volunteered for this before? What should I expect?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X