Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if a driver runs both Motegi and Long Beach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if a driver runs both Motegi and Long Beach?

Don't know if this has been discussed already, but KK hinted that perhaps some drivers may run both the Japan and Long Beach events, however since the IRL will pay points for both, would a driver doing that actually receive points for both events?

If so it would be an obviously unfair advantage with regards to their place in the championship standings!

Good point, but honestly I don't see how that's feasible taking into consideration the time, distance and logistics involved. The driver and team would have to have a someone drive to secure his qualifying at Long Beach and there would have to be ample team members to do the job in both places.

There's so many variables, that I just don't see how that's possible.

Comment

They couldn't possibly award both sets of points. You'd have some driver like HCN announce that he was going to do the double, and the other 3 "red cars" and Andretti's guys would have to do the same -- because if HCN won both races, it'd be tough for anyone to catch him for the championship.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
      "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Maybe only one result counts? Or you drop the lower of the two results. If one driver does it all could theoretically do it too. Now, the winner and top 3 might not try it.... but first out- choppers and fast learjet= LB I come!

Comment

All things are possible if you really want to do them.

If you aren't there for qualifying, you start at the back of the grid. If NOBODY is there for qualifying....? As to crews, surely there are enough out of work guys and folks who normally only do a one-off at Indy that they could put enough people together.
          I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Cavin said in one of his articles today that Barnhart will only allow a driver to earn points at one event.
            RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

BB said yesterday only 1 set of points count for that weekend. I think I saw in in Calvin's blog today...
              Still looking for Carmen San Diego....

Comment

I bet Robby G. would have tried it, if he was still there!

Comment

Originally posted by cbreez99
                  I bet Robby G. would have tried it, if he was still there!
                  "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

I'm sure if a driver intended to run both races, the team would have to declare beforehand which race they intended to run for points. There's no way they would award double points, and taking the best finish is pretty sketchy as well.

Comment

Would be nice of them to take their better finish and take the points of that finishing spot.... wold be some incentive... if you did poorly in Motegi, you could go to Long Beach...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay J
                        Don't know if this has been discussed already, but KK hinted that perhaps some drivers may run both the Japan and Long Beach events, however since the IRL will pay points for both, would a driver doing that actually receive points for both events?

If so it would be an obviously unfair advantage with regards to their place in the championship standings!
                        The new era of the "double" begins
                        In loving memory of three of the best!

-Scott Brayton
                        -Tony Renna
                        -Dan Wheldon

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X