Ya shoulda' seen it there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya shoulda' seen it there...

The enthusiasm was infectious AND contagious, everybody was talking to anybody, and they were all smiling. All up and down pit road there was a group here, a group there. Four CCWS drivers were huddled up several times (different ones too) and looking happy and excited.

I thought I would talk on Jerry Punch's radio show for a couple of minutes, he kept saying "I don't want to tie you up," and then he would ask another great question. I kept waiting for the commercial break and it never came, my cell phone said 10 minutes when it was over, and I waited less than a minute to get on. Jerry kept talking about my experience and history as if he really wanted his listeners to believe what I was saying. This was quite a day, there will be some minor glitches, but we can't screw this up, or let bad apples screw it up for us. If anyone was there from the side that wishes this deal to fail, either they were converted, or they had the worst day of there lives.
    It's always been about the Indy 500!
    I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Miles, great job! Thanks for all your hard work.

Comment

​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan

ditto

Comment

Wish I was there.

Comment

Lordy Lord, hon...haven't you been to bed, YET!?

I know...I should get off and go to bed, but I'm still psyched about today's events And Mack has done a GREAT JOB bringing the info to us!

Comment

Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by kikigirl
                Lordy Lord, hon...haven't you been to bed, YET!?
                He's been out partying with Vasser.

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
                  He's been out partying with Vasser.
                  LOL!!!!
                  You are a naughty boy....but I'm lovin' it.

Comment

awesome!!!

we've been waiting a long time
                    "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

Great to hear. I wish I could've carved out time to get down there. An historic day.

Thanks again for giving us all the scoop.
                      Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

I watched the press conference yesterday and the enthusiam was obvious on everyone's faces, especially the drivers. The moment when Tony and Kevin shook hands and all the camera flashes went off sent chills down my spine. It was awesome and very historic for open wheel.

Comment

My favorite moment was when KK was given his first opportunity to speak and commented on the fact that they must have done something right since the media room was absolutely packed!!

I believe it has been a while since either series has gotten this kind of attention. Hopefully we can ride the wave......

Comment

Remember that Miles is a left coaster so it's not late for the ole boy............
                            SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                              If anyone was there from the side that wishes this deal to fail, either they were converted, or they had the worst day of there lives.
                              I like it when bad things happen to bad people. Justice is a beutiful thing. Thanks for the update!
                              For the record, I never had a problem with CART in 1995. Its when they turned beligerant twards IMS and their fans for supporting the IRL that turned me off them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X