Kv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kv

What's to stop KV racing from throwing Vasser in a car at LB and letting either Tags or Servia race in Motegi to gather data?
    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

I would think they would need all of their crew members working for DP01 entries in order to make sure the field is full.

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
      I would think they would need all of their crew members working for DP01 entries in order to make sure the field is full.
      honestly, do you really think they care at this point about LB08?

Comment

With Ganassi sharing their data with KVR, and Long Beach counting for ICS points, it probably makes more sense to have them in Long Beach in cars they know.

However, you do raise an interesting point. There isnt much stopping all the ChampCar teams from running 3 or more cars... the chassis are going into storage anyway, might as well get them all out there. No need for backups!

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing
          What's to stop KV racing from throwing Vasser in a car at LB and letting either Tags or Servia race in Motegi to gather data?
          If nothing the shipping deal, but from what I saw of the spirit today, if they wished to make the trip, they could.
          It's always been about the Indy 500!
          I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

honestly, do you really think they care at this point about LB08?
            I think they probably do if they want to keep their free chassis and not pay an engine lease in '08.

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
              I think they probably do if they want to keep their free chassis and not pay an engine lease in '08.
              But if they ran Vasser/Tags at LB and Servia at Motegi, doesn't that satisfy the deal?

Comment

But if they ran Vasser/Tags at LB and Servia at Motegi, doesn't that satisfy the deal?
                I would think they would need to run both Vasser and Tagliani at LB and hire an additional crew and driver for Motegi.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                  If nothing the shipping deal, but from what I saw of the spirit today, if they wished to make the trip, they could.
                  I'm sure if anybody wants to make the trip from Motegi to Long Beach, they're more than welcome too.

I just think that every full-time CC team is going to have to have their full time crews at LB. If they want to also have them at Motegi or hire addtional crews for Motegi, I wouldn't see any problem.

Comment

I talked to an ex driver that raced at Suzuka on a Saturday, made it back to Portland for Saturday practice and qualifying, then raced on Sunday...so it was doable.

Comment

Has Jimmy even driven a DP yet?
                      Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

How would points be awarded if a driver races both races and wins both?

Comment

Wouldn't matter, a car is a car, the DP has raced a pretty good race against the ghosts of Lola results of the past (and that was a heck of a race car) once they got past the teething problems.
                          It's always been about the Indy 500!
                          I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

You may be on to something. Wonder how many racers would come out of retirement to fill the field for Long Beach this year?
                            "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                            --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by AudRS
                              How would points be awarded if a driver races both races and wins both?

Legendarily.
                              "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X