Props to KK............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to KK............

As many of you know, I have not been a KK fan, for reasons that are best forgotten....
    I watched the presser today and came away impressed with Kevin.
    Here's a guy who has for several years tried his best to win the poker game that has been going on.........
    He has spent TONS of his own money.
    It must be obvious that he has the passion for the sport...
    We can all come up with thousands of reasons to love/hate him...
    He was/is a believer.
    The fans of CCWS were of the same ilk...
    How hard must it have been for KK to sit at that presser, and defer to Tony.
    This is a man who has been a winner at everything he has done.... who has finally and irrevocably.... lost.
    It must have been horrible to sit in that venue... and know everything you have strived for, has come to naught.
    He was not strident... although not humble, he was bowed....

I have been there... It is incredably hard to deal with what is obvious.
    So much heart and soul went into what was Champ Car... and it failed....
    Sad.........................................
    ZOOOM
    "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
    James Hurtubise, June, 1964

I've got to hand it to the guy. It can't be easy being the face man for Champ Car. Nobody else is willing to do it apparently. Where the hell is Forsythe? Thank you KK for being a bigger man and finally deciding enough was enough.

Driving home today, I heard Indy Racing being mentioned on three separate radio stations. I really think this is going to be big.

Comment

Originally posted by ZOOOM
      As many of you know, I have not been a KK fan, for reasons that are best forgotten....
      I watched the presser today and came away impressed with Kevin.....
      ...He was not strident... although not humble, he was bowed....
      ZOOOM
      Well said...

Comment

He's probably just saved 50 million+ today.

Comment

[QUOTE=ZOOOM]
          How hard must it have been for KK to sit at that presser, and defer to Tony.
          This is a man who has been a winner at everything he has done.... who has finally and irrevocably.... lost. /QUOTE]

If he thought of his checkbook, probably not hard at all....

Comment

I find the FKK attitude exhibited elsewhere to be appalling. This guy has poured a ridiculous amount of his own money into that series to try and rebuild it. The odds of it working were very much against him. He's tired of spending with no return. The selfishness of those wanting him to keep spending just so they can continue a *** campaign is beyond comprehension.

Hopefully he'll be involved in this rebuilding. I always thought the guy could be involved building a decent racing series if he had a marquee event like Indy on the schedule.

Good luck KK. Glad to see he and Jimmy are also staying as team owners.
            Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by ovalfan01
              Nobody else is willing to do it apparently. Where the hell is Forsythe?
              Forsythe hardly ever seeks or allows direct media interaction. IIRC shen Speed did a piece on his race shop a few years back the announcer made it a point to mention how rare it was to have him in the front of the camera.

Comment

After yesterday, I can say my opinion of KK has changed....though I saw inklings of it when he was photographed at Indy a couple of years ago and had a big grin on his face. Again props to him for being a part of rectifying this whole situation. :kk
                RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

He probably saved $ 50 million and got checks for millions from Tony...........
                  SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                  " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

They tried but it didn't work out like the Atlantics did.

Originally posted by Saw150
                    He's probably just saved 50 million+ today.
                    These guys didn't fail, they won. They saved tons of cash, made the best deal they could for the existing teams in ChampCar, and look like great guys for unifying the sport of open wheel racing in North America. Gerald Forsyth is the one that can't be happy. He has been a no show in this whole thing. GF was the most loyal to CART/ChampCar investing more of his own money into CART/Champcar than anyone else.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X