Sponsor thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsor thought

IndyCar should go after one of the major (rim) wheel designers; DUB, American Racing...I don't know them all.

How cool would it be if there were 10-20 different wheel designs on the track at the same time...some black, some gold, some chrome...

... just like Michael Waltrip Racing at the Daytona 500!
    77 Forever - Rest in Peace Dan.

- @KBrughelli11
    - @AcrossTheBricks

"Life is too short to be consumed by the circumstances that make us sour." - Helio Castroneves

Comment

Originally posted by fastmaster26
      ... just like Michael Waltrip Racing at the Daytona 500!
      :withstupi

Comment

Waltrip's team ran gold rims in the *other* 500...
        77 Forever - Rest in Peace Dan.

- @KBrughelli11
        - @AcrossTheBricks

"Life is too short to be consumed by the circumstances that make us sour." - Helio Castroneves

Comment

Ahh, I must have missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by fastmaster26
            Waltrip's team ran gold rims in the *other* 500...
            ...to be auctioned for charity.

link
            http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

At least a couple years ago they did have a deal with a rim manufacture who was making "IndyCar" rims for street cars. It wasn't a major brand but I thought a couple of the designs were cool.
              "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
              the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
              -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
                Ahh, I must have missed that.

...I didn't know that either, however I'm not sure I would've used the word 'miss'.
                ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by WhirlinGraphics
                  At least a couple years ago they did have a deal with a rim manufacture who was making "IndyCar" rims for street cars. It wasn't a major brand but I thought a couple of the designs were cool.
                  That's what I'm thinking, only in reverse. Instead of street cars with IndyCar rims, IndyCars with street cars rims. Maybe we could even get Marco some Spinners.

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
                    IndyCar should go after one of the major (rim) wheel designers; DUB, American Racing...I don't know them all.

How cool would it be if there were 10-20 different wheel designs on the track at the same time...some black, some gold, some chrome...
                    Spinners

Comment

Emerson Fittipaldi had his own line of wheels for a while. Don't know if the Fittipaldi brand is still around though.
                      "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

OZ Racing and BBS make plenty of very good street wheels, including sets derived from their race wheels.
                        Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

I wish Penske would run the white wheels they use in the paddock. Those things are SHARP looking. i don't understand why they dont.
                          Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X