What is a seven post shaker rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a seven post shaker rig?

I read that Panther racing has Vitor's car in the wind tunnel for the first time in a few years and also something about a seven post shaker rig? Could someone please let me know what this is is?

Well, four posts are for the wheels in the vertical direction. Two more might be for fore-aft forces on the chassis. Can't think of the seventh.

Google is your friend:
    Circle Track Site
    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

A seven-post shaker rig is an object that a car is tied onto at the wheelpoints, and is programmed to bump and shake and vibrate to simulate different track surfaces and help the users of the rig with springs and suspension setup. I previously thought only NASCAR teams used these...
      77 Forever - Rest in Peace Dan.

- @KBrughelli11
      - @AcrossTheBricks

"Life is too short to be consumed by the circumstances that make us sour." - Helio Castroneves

Comment

Do a youtube search and you will find some information on it. It assists with baseline setups for tracks. I am guessing they didn't use homestead as a model. I am a little disappointed in the times, but I am sure that the Pack will do something about that. Don't like seeing Vitor and Milka in the same area code on timing and scoring her on the track for that matter!

Comment

Originally posted by midtown
          Well, four posts are for the wheels in the vertical direction. Two more might be for fore-aft forces on the chassis. Can't think of the seventh.

Google is your friend:
          Circle Track Site
          7th post: side loads?
          77 Forever - Rest in Peace Dan.

- @KBrughelli11
          - @AcrossTheBricks

"Life is too short to be consumed by the circumstances that make us sour." - Helio Castroneves

Comment

Originally posted by midtown

Google is your friend:
            Circle Track Site
            Thanks!

Comment

It's my girlfriend on steroids..................

ZOOOM
              "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
              James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by ZOOOM
                It's my girlfriend on steroids..................

ZOOOM

Comment

You cinch down the chassis and can dial in chassis loads from data acquired at previous races, then freeze motion and study suspension geometry, spring and shock travel and loads, caster and camber gains/losses, everything BUT aero downforce, and you can even simulate that.
                  It's always been about the Indy 500!
                  I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                    ...everything BUT aero downforce, and you can even simulate that.
                    No. The aero downforce loading is simulated by the 5th, 6th and 7th hydraulic posts (the other four being the rams/posts the wheels sit atop).
                    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

The 7th post smacks the driver upside the head when they do something wrong. Also known as the Foyt Post.
                      "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

http://www.dallara.it/sub_page.cfm/editID/172

Comment

http://www.autoresearchcenter.com/in...n=7-post%20rig

http://insideracingtechnology.com/oshkrtest.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury
                            The 7th post smacks the driver upside the head when they do something wrong. Also known as the Foyt Post.
                            Brilliant!
                            Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

In addition to giving specifically repeatable results, shaker rigs allow the teams to simulate conditions of tracks even where actual testing is not allowed, or is beyond the number of allowable test days.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X