Why Marco's paint scheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Marco's paint scheme?

Here is likely why Marco's car is painted like it is....

This will more than likely be his primary sponsor for at least some of the races this year (I would guess Homestead would be one of those).
    IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

On the XM show, Mike King quoted Kim Green as stating that Marco's full sponsorship package would be announced "in the next few weeks."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
      Here is likely why Marco's car is painted like it is....

Yeah. It's like they're twins. I can barely tell the cans from the car.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Jimmy hit the nail on the head. The car desparately needs some more work on the paint scheme though...incorporate the blue circles and bubbles somehow.

Comment

To me Marco' car SCREAMS

White Castle....
          Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
            Jimmy hit the nail on the head.
            He did? How do you figure that? The car is almost all black. The cans are mostly electric blue with all the inset circles.
            "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Spike
              He did? How do you figure that? The car is almost all black. The cans are mostly electric blue with all the inset circles.
              Let's call the paint scheme a "rough draft".

I'd be willing to put a friendly charitable wager on it if you're convinced otherwise.

Comment

It does have some blue on it.
                He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Yes, it does which, in part, is why I said "the car is almost all black."

Comment

Originally posted by AGRiculture
                    On the XM show, Mike King quoted Kim Green as stating that Marco's full sponsorship package would be announced "in the next few weeks."
                    Putting two and four together, If Marco's sponsor was Mejier the car would be red or blue and white, if there's an announcement due they are waiting to unveil the paint scheme until then. So they showcase an associate for the test better than having MARCO on the sidepods.
                    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                    "They're criminals"
                    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Someone else may have answered this already, but the Meijer primary scheme is only for a few select races, I think. Otherwise, they are going to be a secondary, IIRC. So his "usual" paint scheme may look different than the one in the Homestead pics.
                      One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

One good thing about this livery is that the sponsor's name is bold and easy to see.
                        So many times, sponsor's name/logo is too small or in a way that no one can see easily. Just look at last year's HP sponsorship on Davey Hamilton's car.
                        Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

Comment

hamilton last year? ok:

http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing
                            To me Marco' car SCREAMS

White Castle....
                            Which begs the question, is Marco racing for Hamburgers?

Comment

Marco's car make the photo look almost like it was taken with black and white film. I sure hope that is a VERY rough draft. It looks very low budget right now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X