Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angstadt says sponsors on the way!!!

This is curtesy of IRL's PR from Homestead

TERRY ANGSTADT (President, Commercial Division, Indy Racing League): (About league momentum) "We've got a couple (sponsorship announcements) in the queue to be announced very soon - major ones, and well-known brands. So we could just not be more excited. It's a lot of hard work ahead, but it's looking great.

"We have felt good about our direction and the momentum that we have built. I think if you give us three or four years, you will see dramatic differences. But I think you will also see immediate differences - bigger crowds, better TV ratings. We're very optimistic that this is going to have a pretty quick impact.

"I think there are lots of fans out there that are motorsports fans. And we all embrace them. And we've worked very hard at having very identifiable brand attributes. We're a lot faster. We have a higher technology and innovation platform. We have a more diverse driver lineup and run on more diverse venues. And we have a green platform - we're the only form of motorsports running on 100 percent fuel-grade ethanol. So we like those assets. Those are unique, and a lot of other brands, and a lot of other consumer product companies can identify with those, we feel. We have a lot to sell, and we're a great value."
    So I was watching this Jay Leno sidewalk interview he does and he asked someone what does the DC in Washington DC stand for.....her response...."Da Capital"....God I love this country!

"If you only knew what I knew"

-Scott Atherton, 2003

Please, Terry, hush up.
    ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Originally posted by paul-collins

Please, Terry, hush up.
      Well played.

Comment

I hope this is true Terry.

Comment

Didnt he say this last fall only to not have any other than the Peak announcement come out?

Comment

In the immortal words of Archie Bunker "stifle yourself, Terry"
            Open the pod bay doors, HAL

Comment

I wish I could have some faith in this, but given the hype leading up to the PEAK announcement and the impending letdown, I'll wait until I see some sidepods.
              77 Forever - Rest in Peace Dan.

- @KBrughelli11
              - @AcrossTheBricks

"Life is too short to be consumed by the circumstances that make us sour." - Helio Castroneves

Comment

Put faith in Terry this guy is geat for the IRL...I don't think our fans fully appreciate just how business savy this man is, he will get sponsors and attention in the direction of the IRL.
                RIP Dan Wheldon - Thanks for the memories.

Comment

Originally posted by IRLFan9
                  Put faith in Terry this guy is geat for the IRL...I don't think our fans fully appreciate just how business savy this man is, he will get sponsors and attention in the direction of the IRL.
                  I agree, but...

Given the history of over-promising and under-delivering in AOWR when discussions focus on upcoming sponsorships, it is best to keep quiet until the day of the announcement. Just surprise everyone...
                  Griz In Indy

Comment

"I think there are lots of fans out there that are motorsports fans."
                    -- Talkin' Terry Angstadt
                    Does this guy write his own material? I'm surprised he's not on a very short leash given his past announcements and promises.
                    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Spike
                      Does this guy write his own material? I'm surprised he's not on a very short leash given his past announcements and promises.
                      I have a feeling TG is having a hard enough time trying to keep Gene Simmons on any kind of leash right now to worry about TA.

That said, TA needs to shut up until they have the press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Powercat
                        I have a feeling TG is having a hard enough time trying to keep Gene Simmons on any kind of leash right now to worry about TA.
                        Does anyone know if Gene is even still in the picture at that IRL? I haven't heard anything from or about him in that regard.
                        "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Spike
                          Does anyone know if Gene is even still in the picture at that IRL? I haven't heard anything from or about him in that regard.
                          Richard Abramson was at the Press Conference representing Simmons/Abramson, Gene was not.
                          It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

Originally posted by mrrebel36
                            TERRY ANGSTADT (President, Commercial Division, Indy Racing League): (About league momentum) "..... we've worked very hard at having very identifiable brand attributes. We're a lot faster. We have a higher technology and innovation platform. We have a more diverse driver lineup and run on more diverse venues. And we have a green platform - we're the only form of motorsports running on 100 percent fuel-grade ethanol. ... Those are unique, and a lot of other brands, and a lot of other consumer product companies can identify with those, we feel. We have a lot to sell, and we're a great value."
                            FINALLY! Somebody has actually come up with a definitive positioning statement. I've now heard those same attributes spoken by three different IndyCar people on separate occasions! Maybe, just maybe, IndyCar is starting to find its message and getting on point.
                            Last edited by Fueler; 02-28-2008, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fueler
                              FINALLY! Somebody has actually come up with a definitive positioning statement. I've now heard those same attriburtes spoken by three different IndyCar people on separate occasions! Maybe, just maybe, IndyCar is starting to find its message and getting on point.

...be still my beating heart.
                              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X