X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia apparently in!

Stole this from the Biz board:

http://news.theage.com.au/gold-coast...0228-1vg0.html

No mention of how the Chicagoland issue will be resolved.
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Hope they find a way to make it a points race. TG did mention at the presser that he felt that they needed more races and the offseason was too long.

Comment

Although I despise long plane flights I need to be there.................
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

No Australia no merger. Yes it's that important.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxracer
          No Australia no merger. Yes it's that important.
          Question becomes, will Surfer's become the season finale for 08 IRL? Or will they cheapen it down to being just an exhibition race?

Comment

Originally posted by athletics68
            Question becomes, will Surfer's become the season finale for 08 IRL? Or will they cheapen it down to being just an exhibition race?
            I wouldn't think that the Chicago Speedway would want to give up being the last race on the schedule but remember that not everything can be accomplished in 2008.........I am sure that in 2009 things will smooth out........
            SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
              I wouldn't think that the Chicago Speedway would want to give up being the last race on the schedule

From what I've read it is contracted as such.

But boy what a finale it should be this year. I'm thinking a few of the CC guys might just be in the hunt. And that will be quite the refreshing change.
              ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Chiszar
                From what I've read it is contracted as such.

But boy what a finale it should be this year. I'm thinking a few of the CC guys might just be in the hunt. And that will be quite the refreshing change.
                Wouldn't surprise me at all if Rahal, Wilson, Power or BobbyD are in the hunt come late season. Especially with Seabass out of the picture. That guy was inhuman.

Comment

How is it cheapened down by not being a points race? IMO TRM should be run at the same time. All points paying races should be run exclusively in North America

Comment

What was the point structure for the 1911 Indy 500?

What? Man, that cheapened it down...

Comment

Originally posted by crispy
                      What was the point structure for the 1911 Indy 500?

What? Man, that cheapened it down...

Actually, the 1911 International Sweepstakes used the same identical point system (2.0 points per mile to the winner; winner gets 1000 points) that was in place clear into the 1980s. A lot of things changed over all of those decades but the AAA/USAC point system was the one constant.

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
                        Although I despise long plane flights I need to be there.................
                        there ...on the beach?
                        quote:
                        "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw
                          How is it cheapened down by not being a points race? IMO TRM should be run at the same time. All points paying races should be run exclusively in North America
                          Bernie wouldn't let them run TRM at that time. It's too close to his precious F1 event.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Rahal, Wilson, Power or BobbyD are in the hunt come late season. Especially with Seabass out of the picture. That guy was inhuman.

Sure, unless if Penske, Ganassi, and AGR drop out of every race.

Comment

Originally posted by indyrjc
                              Actually, the 1911 International Sweepstakes used the same identical point system (2.0 points per mile to the winner; winner gets 1000 points) that was in place clear into the 1980s. A lot of things changed over all of those decades but the AAA/USAC point system was the one constant.
                              And everyone knows who won the 1911 Championship...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X