Double Points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Points?

It was mentioned that some drivers might do the double, compete in Motegi then fly to Long Beach. Could they gain a points advantage? I am sure that will be addressed somehow but just curious.

That's the same thing I asked here.............

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103305
    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

I was under the impression that Long Beach was still considered a "Champ Car" event using the DP01's awarding no points to anybody, and that Motegi was the Indy Car series points paying race.

Am I wrong?
      If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

Originally posted by richie
        I was under the impression that Long Beach was still considered a "Champ Car" event using the DP01's awarding no points to anybody, and that Motegi was the Indy Car series points paying race.

Am I wrong?
        Yep.
        "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Originally posted by richie

Am I wrong?
          That's not how I understand it. From what I've read BOTH races are for ICS points.

Comment

Originally posted by shakespeare
            That's not how I understand it. From what I've read BOTH races are for ICS points.
            That's the only thing that makes sense. Why compete in a race that doesn't give points while your competitors are in one that does?
            It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

I believe TG said today that both races would distribute points and monetary awards in accordance with IRL rules.
              "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

No one is going to get double points. What will LIKELY happen (I am saying this because it makes sense) is that the 2-3 drivers who might do the double will either have to declare which race their points will come from, or their points will come from the race of the series they had come from. For example, if Bruno runs both, his points come the LB, if TK runs both, Motegi is his race.

Comment

Per Scott G'year's notes on ESPN, no points will be given for Long Beach.

Bummer, that puts any team that busts their ass to run Homestead, but is 'forced' to run LB at a big disadvantage the rest of the season.
                  BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester
                    Per Scott G'year's notes on ESPN, no points will be given for Long Beach.

Bummer, that puts any team that busts their ass to run Homestead, but is 'forced' to run LB at a big disadvantage the rest of the season.
                    I will take TG word before SG. LB will pay IRL points and prize money.

Comment

I understood they would both award IRL points and $, at least that is what TG said. Now, he may have mis-spoken, but that's what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by PortlandRacefan
                        I will take TG word before SG.
                        You're getting the hang of this, racefan.
                        "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Hey I brought it up first!
                          http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...78&postcount=4

Has it been confirmed that some drivers are looking at both, or is that just TF claptrap?

If I had experience at LB (over half the Motegi field) and had an owner who had the financial wherewithal to secure a DP-01 for the weekend and could hustle me out of Motegi, I'd sure try it. I'm sure the promoter and fans wouldn't mind it either.
                          "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

Hey, I think that if a driver wants to do both races, he SHOULD be rewarded.

Not with double points necessarily, but perhaps he/she should receive the points for their better finish of the two races.
                            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Sometimes the people at IndyCar are a little lax when it comes to telling Tony stuff so they may have gotten the points thing a little different than what Tony said.................Wanna bet who wins that argument ?
                              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X