Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony on wnde 1260 right now

Fyi
    I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

Tony said he would like to add Edmonton and Australia this year and he also said he has not talked to ESPN-ABC about anything yet.

Kept repeating it is all about the fans!
    I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

Comment

As one of those fans maybe he should take a listen to what they are saying.
      "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
      "They're criminals"
      "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Seems to me that if he's giving the fans what they want, ovals and road races, he's making a good start.

I'll take 10 ovals and Indy in a stong series rather than 14 ovals in a week and on the brink of extinction series. And I imagine the road fans feel the same way.

I win too as a fan because I get both and I like both.

You see, I take "for the fans" as meaning listening not just to you, but to you and me.
        Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder-Tank
          I'll take 10 ovals and Indy in a stong series rather than 14 ovals in a week and on the brink of extinction series. And I imagine the road fans feel the same way.
          Good point. But I'm not sure that just adding more races takes either series from the brink. More sponsor dollars/euros are going to be required for the extra races and by the nature of things several existing teams on both the IRL and former Champ Car sides will be gone from racing in a year or so. Unless the racing product improves enough to greatly increase television viewership there still won't be enough sponsors to pay for everything that goes with a longer season. The next couple of years will be critical as far as the long term viability of the series. Up til now everyone could blame the "Split" for bad tv ratings and low spectator interest. If things don't improve appreciably then sponsors will really pull the plug on the IRL.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X