KK made note of the large press contingent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK made note of the large press contingent

I may or may not be going out on a limb here but this story has so many angles to cover and it'll be a continuously breaking story for weeks straight into the Month of May. Then there's the pole and bubble day to consider.

So here's my point;

A substantial segment of the motorsport press is eager to report on something other than Junior's breakfast menu or other pre-packaged press release verbiage ordained by big series PR as newsworthy. Attracted by something that isn't tired and over reported, maybe reporters and editors will take the opportunity to start behaving like a free press again, at least for the next few months.

By the same token there are sponsors who pour millions into another series all in a futile attempt to be heard amid the din. I don't believe Alltell had a single on-air mention from the Fox broadcast booth.

An opportunity has presented itself people.

PS: Dario who? Sam who? Juan Pablo Whatshisname?

If the racing press beyond the few who asked questions, Miller, Harris, Martin, Cavin and a couple more can't get answers beyond what they got today they won't have anything to write about. They all packed up their recorders and after the handshake of the Milenium got no firm answers or definite news to write about. Now they're going to have to wait for press releases or seek out the players involved for individual stories.
    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
    "They're criminals"
    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

I'm surprised he could see the people in the room as it looked like he was hung over...............
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

There was a huge media contingent there today.

Comment

PS: Dario who? Sam who? Juan Pablo Whatshisname?
          The new open wheel guys in NASCAR didn't do well at the Auto Club 500 Hornish finished dead last (43rd). Dario finished 32nd. Montoya got 20th.
          Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara
            The new open wheel guys in NASCAR didn't do well at the Auto Club 500 Hornish finished dead last (43rd). Dario finished 32nd. Montoya got 20th.
            The Auto Club what? Was that an autocross?

:kk

Comment

Originally posted by SportscarBruce
              The Auto Club what? Was that an autocross?
              :kk
              apparently one that got a 6.1 rating w/ a rainout.......
              Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Biggest I have ever seen in the series, lots of smiles and happy faces too.
                It's always been about the Indy 500!
                I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation
                  ...The World Cup could've had 7.0 ratings world-wide but that doesn't mean that I watched or was interested in that either.

Originally posted by Z28
                  If the racing press beyond the few who asked questions, Miller, Harris, Martin, Cavin and a couple more can't get answers beyond what they got today they won't have anything to write about. They all packed up their recorders and after the handshake of the Milenium got no firm answers or definite news to write about. Now they're going to have to wait for press releases or seek out the players involved for individual stories.
                  ...there really wasn't anything grounbreaking or news-worthy coming out of today's press conference. A couple of decent questions were asked with broad, non-specific answers given. Perhaps it's still because it's so early and everything has just happened.
                  ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation
                    NASCAR might consider not racing at all and just broadcast their talking head advertisement parade to the zombie nation.

Comment

Originally posted by SportscarBruce
                      NASCAR might consider not racing at all and just broadcast their talking head advertisement parade to the zombie nation.

Care to identify the 'zombie nation'...you wouldn't be bashing fans of another series now would you...please be explicit...afterall this is the IRL forum...

Comment

I haven't been able to check any threads but this one and haven't even heard any of the news today, but I did hear Fred Nation talking about this on NPR (National Public Radio) on my drive in to the office this morning.

That was unusual
                        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
                          Care to identify the 'zombie nation'...you wouldn't be bashing fans of another series now would you...please be explicit...afterall this is the IRL forum...
                          I'm sure Bruce was referring to the mass media popular culture that includes all of us as members. I'm sure most reasonable people would make that connection.
                          "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                          ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

:boohoo:
                            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X