No announcement yet.

IRL Champ to be on Jim Rome Show today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRL Champ to be on Jim Rome Show today!

Sam will be on the Jim Rome radio show today in the 2-3PM hour EST. Rome is not a racing fan so it should be interesting.
    Have a very blessed day!

He is not a fan but i think he is hard core against the irl. I believe he insulted them up and down the board when he had mario on the show so it could get pretty interesting if sam stands to defend the irl
    "The Indy 500 returned to its rightful place Sunday -- at the top of the racing heap. If you didn't notice, you just don't get it." MIKE BRUDENELL

Comment

Chill out,he likes auto racing.Period.

Rack'em!!!!!

Comment

Can you listen to it on the web?
        IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

I don't know where you get your information,cartfan,but I have heard Rome trash oval racing constantly.Not that it matters because I thought he was a jerk of the first order long before I heard him expound on racing.
          Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Make that a class AA jerk of the first order. Rome berates everything and everyone unless they become guests on his show. Watch for him to talk about how great Sam and the IRL are during the interview. Then next week he'll be talking about what dumb joke the entire sport of auto racing is.
            While danger ought never to be needlessly incurred, it is yet true that the keenest zest in sport comes from its presence, and from the consequent exercise of the qualities necessary to overcome it. --Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Here is link affiliate info or listen live over the net.
              http://www.jimrome.com/romeshow/

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
              - RUSH, Freewill, Permanent Waves (1980)

Comment

Rome was brutal to the IRL after last year's I-500. He repeatedly referred to the league as a joke, and the fact that he is having the IRL champion on today further demonstrates that he is a hypocrite.

Comment

he picked the Rams too.
                  "I was riding on the Mayflower when I thought I spotted some land" ~Bob Dylan's 115th Dream

A rampart is a bulwark!

Comment

Hopefully, this may have something to do with an Indy tour stop during May...I have pushed WNDE to do its part in this, and this could be a first step.

War, Indy!!!
                    I'm out!!!

Comment

You mean a "Tur Stop." Isn't that how he pronounces it? So are we "I-Town" to him?

I think the guy's a joke. Just another loud mouthed shock jock. My opinion has nothing to do with his IRL trashing. I have to switch stations whenever he comes on.

Comment

I was a little surprised to hear Sam was going to be on the show today. I am a Rome fan and while I don't agree with most of his takes on racing, I still enjoy his thoughts on a lot of other subjects and the show is pretty funny too. What can I say, the show isn't for everyone. Most of his comments are directed at NASCAR, but he has said that he respects racers and while he isn't big on it, he gets why others like this sport.

Back to Sam, I was pretty impressed. I thought the interview went well. Jim was very respectful and really had some good things to say about Sam and the IRL. I doubt Rome watches IRL races every weekend, but he isn't a dummy and I think he sees the writing on the wall for CART. He even mentioned that the IRL is becoming the premier OW racing circuit in the US. Very surprising as I figured Rome to be a big CART fan. This is exactly what this series needs is to get people in the mainstream like Jim Rome talking about Indy Racing. Sam had a great ending to the interview, he said very matter-of-factly: "I am Sam Hornish, and I am out!" Don't be shocked to see Sam Hornish back on that show.

Comment

Rome is very abrasive and takes a given and beats it to death. The only reason I listen to the show is that he has very interesting guests on his show.
                          Sam was a very good spokeman for the IRL today. He took the message to those who are not as in tune with the IRL as some of us are. It was publicity you just can't buy.
                          Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by CPB284:
                            <STRONG>Jim was very respectful and really had some good things to say about Sam and the IRL. </STRONG>
                            That figures. It seems that Romey bases his opinions on everything on who's ahead at the moment. A couple of years ago he had Mario Andretti on the show about every other week and the two of them together were vehemently, harshy, anti-IRL; Rome called TG a "jerk" and stated more than once that TG had destroyed the entire sport. Now he's figuring out that he backed the wrong horse -- he's going to jump sides and then try to convince us IRL fans that he was really with us all along. If CART implodes this year, I'll bet Rome never has Andretti on his show again.

In other words, he's a typical modern-day journalist. And coming from me, that's the worst insult possible.

Comment

Rome is a typical American frontrunner.

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: PHJIndy ]
                              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X