New sim racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sim racers

I've been putting off getting into sim racing for fear if I did I'd never leave the house. Given the current climate, I decided now was a good time to wade into the fray.

I spent a lot of time years ago on the Papyrus IndyCar and NASCAR games, but gave them up after time.

Just started with iRacing. Got my Logitech G29 from Amazon on Sunday, and turned my first laps last night. I suck! I'm going to run them out of MX5 fenders. It'll be long time before I do anything but test.

Anyone jumping on the sim bandwagon in this time of social isolation?
    "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Well, we're not new at sim racing my son and I but I recently got him setup with a whole rig with which to practice. I do wish iRacing had a good MZR-powered Van Diemen. Steam's rFactor 2 has the 2016 USF2000 car, but its physics are widely panned by actual race car drivers.

I've also been unable to find a good sim that has Pittsburgh International Race Complex since we're going to be racing there in May. Neither iRacing nor rFactor2 has it.

Comment

Ordered my Fanatec setup... upgrade from Logitech 920.
      Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X