Gaming newbie needs some help with Forza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming newbie needs some help with Forza

I got my daughters the latest version of Forza for Christmas. We are having fun with it but I have yet to be able to figure out how to run an IndyCar at IMS. There seems to be all this nonsense about buying cars and gaining points, etc. And we are all totally confused. Any tips on short cuts on how to race my favorite track with my favorite cars?
    "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
    "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
    "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Yeah, that's one thing I like about ProjectCARS2 over Forza. Forza puts you through that, whereas in PC2, if I want to jump right in and drive a Porsche 917 at Le Mans I can do it.

Don't bother with any of the career modes or online play etc. for a while. Just go into Free Drive or Free Play or whatever it's called-I'm at work and can't remember-and find a car and track you can "afford" and set up single-car "races" by setting the number of drivatars to zero. That means, basically, your driver will be "paid" to hot-lap, because you will win every race. Then, never take the prize cars-just the cash. You will build up money pretty quickly doing that, and learn the tracks and perfect your skills as well. Then, when you have enough, buy the Indy car or whatever other machinery you want. (I've gotten adept enough with the customization features that I have built up a "garage" full of replica 1960s and '70s NASCAR racers, USAC stock cars, and Trans Am cars, because they were still fairly close to stock machinery back then.)

Otherwise, Forza is pretty fun once you get the hang of it. My favorite cars in-game are the Greenwood IMSA "Batmobile" Corvette-which seems to just barrel around the track shouting "I AM VERY LARGE AND POWERFUL!!!"-the Porsche 962 (which I suspect is actually modeled on a 956 but I digress), and the McLaren M8 Can Am car. I really wish they had an M20, though.
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

In Free Play, I think you can rent any car you want to drive.
      http://www.honorflight.org/

Comment

Yeah, I never tried that. The first car I put in my collection was the black Trans Am, and I just learned the game with that until I had enough saved up to get a racier car-the 1970 Boss 302, which I basically upgraded to the in-game equivalent of a 1970 SCCA Trans Am racer, and that's what really started racking up money for me. I started out just running Road America and Le Mans in the Pontiac and learned all the rest of the tracks in the Boss.

Before long I saw the Greenwood Corvette in DLC and had to try it. Best DLC purchase I ever made-what a fast, preposterous car that thing is! Absolute monster.
        "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Responsive 1

Collapse
        Working...
        X