• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IndyCar Mod for F1 2002 Released!

Download Page

Some Screenshots

Some Info:

Independent Oval Racing is based on a famous american racing league. All cars have the same physics so it's close racig from start to finish.

The Mod has 22 drivers, all with cars, helmets, driversuit ecc. The Mod will have 6 tracks when it is released, and later more addon tracks will follow.

The tracks included in the Mod are:
    -Miami Speedway
    -Phoenix International Raceway
    -Texas Motor Speedway
    -Richmond International Raceway
    -California Speedway
    -Indianapolis Motor Speedway

F12002 Mod

What games do you need to purchase to make this work, just F12002 or do you need an EA NASCAR game for the ovals.

Are there other patches you need to download somewhere?

Comment

You just need F1 2002. There is an availble patch (also listed on the download page). You dont need anything else. By the way, it has all 19 teams and 22 drivers of the 2002 season. Very cool. Installing it as we speak.

Comment

F12002 Mod

Thank you for the info.
        Will do the long download this weekend.
        Let us know how it compares with the "real" IRL game now out for PS2 and XBOX.

Comment

The game works better for THUNDER, because of rolling starts and cautions. Other than that the f1 gauges are much more indycar like than some analog stick reading but its a good tradeoff.

Comment

...I'm grabbing it as we speak, and will immeadiately install it.

Outside the patch any other bugs or glitches??

Are the cars a 'new' design or is it more like skins for the existing F1 ccars?

I guess I'll have the answers myself here in about 40 minutes before I get an answer here!!
            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

...that's too cool!

Blows away the Codemasters IndycarSeries game....the PC demo anyway.

It has all the physics & options available to the cars as in the F1 2002 game, and they make noticeable differences.

I've wasted this whole evening racing!!

Comment

Just got F12002.

Can you have two installs of F12002 at the same time - one for the "original" sim, and one for the IRL sim?

I know I could try a second install, I guess... but figured I'd open my mouth before I tried it.

Is this patch even worth getting?
                http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch
                  Just got F12002.

Can you have two installs of F12002 at the same time - one for the "original" sim, and one for the IRL sim?

I know I could try a second install, I guess... but figured I'd open my mouth before I tried it.

Is this patch even worth getting?

...if you download the mod it comes with it's own self-installer. All you need to do when you install it, and it will prompt you, is direct it to the F1 2002 exe folder, then the same for the f1 2002 config.ini file.

Then you have to dig into the F1 2002 folder where you'll find the IOR mod folder to create a short-cut for easy access,...at least that's what I had to do.

You must also have the F1 2002 disc in your drive as this mod uses the F1 2002 files on the disc.

At this point the game should be installed.....time to race!!

You are still able to race the F1 2002 sim if you want as well so there's no need for 2 installs.

I think it's worth it, I've wasted waaaay more time playing it than I should!

In fact I was just turning laps at Fontana with a best so far of 33.326 seconds on a lap.

Comment

I would love to play this mod again once a day, oh the memories... Sadly I lost this mod when my HD crashed back in 2014 and I haven't been able to find this mod ever since.....
                    IndyCar fan4ever.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X