Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFactor IndyCar 1995 Mod Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RFactor IndyCar 1995 Mod Question

    This might be a bit of an odd ball question... but is it possible using the IndyCar 1995 mod for rFactor to get the Menard cars to run the proper short oval and road course wings?
    Just wait 'till next year!

  • #2
    Originally posted by David_Skywalker View Post
    This might be a bit of an odd ball question... but is it possible using the IndyCar 1995 mod for rFactor to get the Menard cars to run the proper short oval and road course wings?
    There would have to be a rendering of those cars in order for that to happen.

    I've about given up on rFactor. The chances of a down loaded track to load correctly are 50/50 at best.
    The Ayn Rand of Indycar

    No one had to badge the Offy.

    Crapping all over threads since 2000.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's possible by editing some files with notepad (will cause mismatches online). As usual make backups before editing, just in case.

      In the Menards .veh files change :
      Upgrades=Lola\Menard_Upgrades.ini
      to
      Upgrades=Lola\Lola95_Good_Upgrades.ini

      In Menard_spinner.gen, change :
      Instance=FWING<UPNUMBER>
      {
      Moveable=True
      MeshFile=LOLA_OVAL_FWA.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 128, 128) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(100.0) Reflect=True
      }


      Instance=RWING<UPNUMBER>
      {
      Moveable=True
      MeshFile=LOLA_OVAL_RWA.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 128, 128) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(100.0) Reflect=True
      }
      to
      Instance=FWING<UPNUMBER>
      {
      Moveable=True
      MeshFile=<FWING> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 128, 128) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(100.0) Reflect=True
      }


      Instance=RWING<UPNUMBER>
      {
      Moveable=True
      MeshFile=<RWING> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 128, 128) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(100.0) Reflect=True
      }


      In Menard.gen, change :
      Instance=Fwing
      {
      Moveable=True
      MeshFile=LOLA_OVAL_FWA.GMT CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 64, 64) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(150.0) ShadowReceiver=True
      }


      Instance=Rwing
      {
      Moveable=True
      MeshFile=LOLA_OVAL_RWA.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 64, 64) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(150.0) ShadowReceiver=True
      }
      to
      Instance=Fwing
      {
      Moveable=True
      MeshFile=<FWING> CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 64, 64) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(150.0) ShadowReceiver=True
      }


      Instance=Rwing
      {
      Moveable=True
      MeshFile=<RWING> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 64, 64) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(150.0) ShadowReceiver=True
      }
      Last edited by jpalesi; 10-30-2015, 10:25 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow! Thank you, jpalesi! Totally worked. Though the file I had to change in the .veh file was to Upgrades=Lola95_Good_Upgrades.ini not Upgrades=Lola\CART_Lola95_Upgrades.ini.

        Even more crazy is that the Menard teams all have painted road course wing liveries... I wonder why these were not included in the original mod...

        I would also say to anyone attempting to do this mod, keep the original files as well... because the Menard cars will not be able to use their oval wings afterward. (I thankfully backed up!)

        Thanks again!

        .
        EDIT: Is there any way to keep the wings from stacking upon each other. The Menards load with all three wing styles equipped, can post pictures if need be.
        Last edited by David_Skywalker; 10-30-2015, 09:45 AM.
        Just wait 'till next year!

        Comment


        • #5
          Ha ! I have a custom version of the mod with CARTFactor physics in, that probably explains the difference in the file names. I edited my post to reflect the changes.

          Since the chassis is the same as the other Lolas, I did a copy / paste of the wing instances from the regular 95 Lola files. It works fine for me, in the spinner and on the track
          I did one change, in the Menard.gen, I removed the nose cone from the Fwing instance, because the nose cone was already there on the file. I don't think it should affect your problem though.

          Instance=Fwing
          {
          Moveable=True
          MeshFile=<FWING> CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 64, 64) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(150.0) ShadowReceiver=True
          }

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jpalesi View Post
            Ha ! I have a custom version of the mod with CARTFactor physics in, that probably explains the difference in the file names. I edited my post to reflect the changes.

            Since the chassis is the same as the other Lolas, I did a copy / paste of the wing instances from the regular 95 Lola files. It works fine for me, in the spinner and on the track
            I did one change, in the Menard.gen, I removed the nose cone from the Fwing instance, because the nose cone was already there on the file. I don't think it should affect your problem though.

            Instance=Fwing
            {
            Moveable=True
            MeshFile=<FWING> CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 64, 64) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(150.0) ShadowReceiver=True
            }
            Nevermind. I made a mistake copying the files... yours were perfect! Awesome job figuring out this mod!


            EDIT: Some Pics... because this is so awesome. As a kid who grew up on the 1996 IRL... thank you!





            Last edited by David_Skywalker; 10-30-2015, 12:09 PM.
            Just wait 'till next year!

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice. I have been editing talent files and AI for years trying to get a good offline experience in rFactor but it's a challenge. To run the 500, I just have start 33rd and let the field spread out for 10-15 laps as the AI will actually bump you.


              My rFactor is super-super customized but it's still the only Sim that has 90's Indy and CART machines and I have an entire Fantasy 500 field. Did you know you can race the 1994 and 1995 cars in the same mod? So in a Fantasy field you can have Villenueve from 1995 in a Reynard and a 1993 Amway Lola from Scott Brayton, etc.

              Here's a Johncock fictional that I just updated last night (doing a lot of I have the May Indy bug pretty bad).

              Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

              Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 11rowsof3 View Post
                Nice. I have been editing talent files and AI for years trying to get a good offline experience in rFactor but it's a challenge. To run the 500, I just have start 33rd and let the field spread out for 10-15 laps as the AI will actually bump you.


                My rFactor is super-super customized but it's still the only Sim that has 90's Indy and CART machines and I have an entire Fantasy 500 field. Did you know you can race the 1994 and 1995 cars in the same mod? So in a Fantasy field you can have Villenueve from 1995 in a Reynard and a 1993 Amway Lola from Scott Brayton, etc.

                Here's a Johncock fictional that I just updated last night (doing a lot of I have the May Indy bug pretty bad).

                Hi,
                can you please share your custom cars with us? Thank you.

                Comment

                Unconfigured Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X