NHRA sues Coca-Cola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FormulaFox View Post

This also makes me think that NHRA might have a case. It all depends on the wording of the contract, but I've never before heard of a contract for sponsorship with an out clause that applies mid-season without a hefty payout. Anything's possible, of course, but this is still a VERY weird notion.

I suspect the lawsuit will be settled out of court. Coke might even have been expecting this and is hoping a settlement will come to terms for something less than what NHRA wanted.
    The only precedent I can think of was Torco Racing Fuels sponsoring everything up until Evan Knoll was indicted for fraud, and in that case the company that was sponsoring seemingly everything and everyone at the time was a fraud, not a multi-billion dollar international company.
    “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post

The only precedent I can think of was Torco Racing Fuels sponsoring everything up until Evan Knoll was indicted for fraud, and in that case the company that was sponsoring seemingly everything and everyone at the time was a fraud, not a multi-billion dollar international company.
      Not exactly the same thing. :P

Comment

Originally posted by FormulaFox View Post

Not exactly the same thing. :P
        No. That was as close as I could get.

Also, Coca-Cola today announced that, in addition to Tab, they are eliminating more than 200 drink brands, or half their portfolio. First of all, I didn't know Coca-Cola had THAT many brands, and I wonder if Mello-Yello is on its way out.
        “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Mountain Dew is the most popular non cola soda in the US and is esp popular wif da kidz and in fast food and c stores. Coca-Cola needs a similar product, if only for fountain service. Almost every Coke exclusive retail fountain in America would switch to Pepsi without a caffeinated lemon soda. Almost every lost MY sale would go to Mountain Dew, not a Coca-Cola product. MY may not contribute its fair share to corporate overhead, but Coca-Cola certainly makes more money with it than without it.
          Last edited by atrackforumfan; 10-22-2020, 08:07 PM.
          Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

Originally posted by atrackforumfan View Post
            Mountain Dew is the most popular non cola soda in the US and is esp popular wif da kidz and in fast food and c stores. Coca-Cola needs a similar product.
            They already have one.

It's called Mello Yello.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post

No. That was as close as I could get.

Also, Coca-Cola today announced that, in addition to Tab, they are eliminating more than 200 drink brands, or half their portfolio. First of all, I didn't know Coca-Cola had THAT many brands, and I wonder if Mello-Yello is on its way out.
              Its just pure profits in the sugar water business. I suspect people being more health conscience these days had a lot to do with the elimination of those brands.

Comment

And not nearly as good as Mountain Dew. I have tried MY. I am addicted to MD.
                quote:
                "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X