• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Daddy will be on Windtunnel....

Wednesday night 9 Eastern ( 8 Gomer)

Be there or be square..........
    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

I'll be a square; I still don't have Speed channel. Wish I could see it though.
    "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
    With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

THANK you for posting this.

please God don't let me forget to watch. .....
      It's a brand new day.

Comment

all right I spaced it out i knew I would. caught the last segment HOWEVER,

it repeats at 3am eastern and the vcr is set.

just wish I 'd have been on the ball and I could have called in and said something cool on the air.....ah well.

anybody else see it?
        It's a brand new day.

Comment

Well, this was another great interview. Garlits was at his frank best and Despain covered a LOT of territory in a short time.

He was very frank about his inabilities to compete at the same level with the current top fuel folks.

He had some great things to say about his peers of the last 40 years.

It would sure be interesting to see if someone could buy one of his new designs and incorporate today's horsepower in it. But I understand why anyone with adequate sponsorship (and having the current ability to qualify) would not take the chance.

Comment

outstanding interview. loved the story about how he picked drag racing over circle track ' they raced like gentlemen, not bumping into each other'

good point about the drag strips being too narrow .and shutdowns too short.

and that being one limiting factor on performance.

the other being the human limits on suffering g-forces upon launch....

I think i'll be wearing the summit hat they gave me at big's pit at the gators for the next 2 .5 weeks....

and how bout the 'big daddy' story?

too cool.

if you missed it, the announcer was calling him 'daddy ' garlits because he had his children with him in the pits, and saying he was washed up because he wasn't running good one day.

then he went out and set the speed record at 180, and the announcer said well you'll have to call him 'big' daddy from now on...
            It's a brand new day.

Comment

I consider myself lucky that I actually got to see him race in person. I thought it was a great interview as well.
              Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X