sonoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sonoma

well dixon wins again big yawn, but , gary scelzi, wins his first funny car race, and in so doing, becomes the first man to have won in the four fastest nhfa classes:

top fuel
    funny car
    top alcohol dragster
    alcohol funny car.

won a close second round race against his teammate whit bazemore

they raced hard even though baze is a close second in the points.

gotta hand it to don schumacher's team.

class act all the way around.
    It's a brand new day.

I dunno, nitro. I think Bazemore has the least class in NHRA. Well, maybe he just whines the most.

Sure is a bizarre deal the way those guys are all basically saying it's gonna be team orders from here on out. Shcumacher seemed pretty bent that Scelzi won. Guess we'll just have to watch and see how it turns out.

Comment

I enjoyed it !
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Lots of upsets, and you can't beat that. The U.S. Nationals are right around the corner, and I'm just sorry that I can't make it.:mad:
        "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
        With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

I'm a yawner to, but Dixon is keeping me on the edge. That team is amazing to run where ever and under any conditions. That kind of steady performance is hard to come by. I know I know Force has been doing it forever, but I'm way more impressed the way this team is doing it. Maybe because Dixons dad is an old friend that I raced against in the olden days. I like the way they call him Larry's dad these days.
          sa

Comment

Originally posted by rrrr
            I dunno, nitro. I think Bazemore has the least class in NHRA. Well, maybe he just whines the most.

Sure is a bizarre deal the way those guys are all basically saying it's gonna be team orders from here on out. Shcumacher seemed pretty bent that Scelzi won. Guess we'll just have to watch and see how it turns out.
            he didn't look too happy after the second round race, but he looked VERY happy after scelzi beat force and skuza.

I hate team orders. I don't like it in F1, and I don't like it in NHRA.

if you can't win without a blocker, you just dont' deserve to win I 'd say.

I mean, I understand , more cars, more runs , more data, fine.

but taking one for the team?

say it aint' so!
            It's a brand new day.

Comment

Trust me Bazemore would be whinning picking up the winners check for being #1. He would complain that he should have won by more but the other racers cheated him. Its just the Bazemore way.
              sa

Comment

Originally posted by stan
                Trust me Bazemore would be whining picking up the winners check for being #1. He would complain that he should have won by more but the other racers cheated him. Its just the Bazemore way.
                LOL, Stan. Ain't it the truth.

The beer wars make for great racing. I like the Snake Racing guys, Dixon is a real charger and I like his style. I'm a Bernstein fan too. When I'm in Indy for the 500 I stop by their shop on Lynhurst and bother them LOL. I saw Tim Richards at the Speedway on Community Day, got a chance to talk to him a bit. Too bad that Brandon got hurt, but glad he is gonna recover. Crashing a T/F car is effing scary.

I noticed that the Snake let McCulloch go the other day, and I suspect that Capps will be out of a ride this year if things don't change. The bad thing is that Capps has found every way there is to lose, but most of them were not his fault. I got a chance to talk to Ron at the Chili Bowl in January. He's a good guy.

Comment

well wouldn't that be weird if IROC takes him and he loses his ride.

I don't see why anyone can blame anything on Ron.

both of the snakes f/c drivers are excellent.
                  It's a brand new day.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofan

I don't see why anyone can blame anything on Ron.
                    Nope, he is just dogged by bad luck.

Comment

no , he's WAS dogged by an inconsistent tuner who blew up his car too often.

if snake lets ron go i'll be really pissed. and he's got a HUGE fanbase out there.

a lot of them female
                      It's a brand new day.

Comment

The Snake, knows marketing and PR, I think Ron, is safe as long as the sponsor holds out. Tommy, on the other hand will be the first to go. He's a good guy and a good shoe but Ron has that fan base the ladies and the kids really like him.
                        sa

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X