Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat track at the Fairgrounds 500 weekend

https://speedsport.com/motorcycle-ra...-to-indy-mile/

It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

I don't like Flat Track.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I LOVE it
      "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

My favorite form of motorcycle racing.
        "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for law. This is the usual form in which masses of men exhibit their tyranny." - James Fenimore Cooper

"One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by KenK View Post
          My favorite form of motorcycle racing.
          This brings back memories of Kenny Roberts, the Yamaha TZ 750, and the 1975 race at the Indy Mile. The TZ 750 was the mating of a dirt track frame to a 750cc displacement road racing engine. It had almost twice the horsepower of the Harley-Davidson XR-750 entries. Gotta be one of the gutsiest and most awe inspiring drives in the history of American flat track racing.

His comment after the race: "They don't pay me enough to ride that thing." The AMA banned the bike from future competition two weeks later, a sure sign that the bike was in a class of its own and the Harleys were powerless to stop it.

Roberts did a reprise on the bike in 2009, taking a couple of hot laps around the mile while again enjoying the snarling power of the TZ 750. Video linked below.

https://youtu.be/8k8hJWKIVNs
          Last edited by rrrr; 10-09-2021, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X