New Testing Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Testing Rules

There is something that bothers me a little about the new IPS<>ICS testing rules. From how I am hearing it interpreted, they actually want the ICS team to pretty much own the IPS team. I was hoping the new rules might help some existing IPS teams get sponsorship, tech help, driver ICS seat time, etc., from ICS teams that don't currently own the IPS team.

There are some, and have been, existing IPS teams with decent drivers who could have used help. I guess I don't see the benefit of "putting another car on the grid" (that is owned by an ICS team), while another existing team potentially goes away.

I guess I am wondering how the team that Alfred Unser was with (or Cole Carter, or Sarah McCune) if they had support from an ICS team. I am under the impression that they had the people, they just needed more funding. Not actually owning a team might also be more attractive to the ICS team, as it might not dillute their resorces as much, especially for a smaller ICS team like D&R or Cheever.
    One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X