Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

purses tripled for 2006

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • purses tripled for 2006

    Race winner gets up to $40,000 per race according to IndySatr this morning!

    Higher payouts than Atlantics.
    Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

  • #2
    should see a bigger car count, money talks.
    No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

    Comment


    • #3
      Smoke and Mirrors vs Reality

      That Atlantic Championship winner pay out is "Smoke and Mirrors". The driver who wins the championship doesnt get a check for 2 million dollars. He isnt even guaranteed a full season ride in Champ Car. The 2 million dollar deal is already paid to a selected team as a subsidy to participate in Champ Car anyway. You gotta read KK's fine print. Lets face it the Pro Series puts on awsome races, all they need is a few more cars. Increaseing the purses and spreading it out among all the competitors is genius.
      Last edited by BigDaddy; 10-29-2005, 08:22 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        THE Big Daddy?
        "Reckon so" - The Outlaw Josey Wales

        Comment


        • #5
          How do the costs compare between the two series?

          How much does a new chassis cost for each?

          How much is an engine program for each?

          What are the odds that your engine will have equal power to your competitors engines in each series?

          What is the accident rate in each series?

          How much does one typically spend on repairs following an accident in each series?

          How do prices for other consumable parts compare in each series?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JoeBob
            How do the costs compare between the two series?

            How much does a new chassis cost for each?

            How much is an engine program for each?

            What are the odds that your engine will have equal power to your competitors engines in each series?

            What is the accident rate in each series?

            How much does one typically spend on repairs following an accident in each series?

            How do prices for other consumable parts compare in each series?
            I don't know. Enlighten me with a comparison. It would be interesting to see.
            “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JoeBob
              What are the odds that your engine will have equal power to your competitors engines in each series?
              Ask Tracey in Vegas about that... HE got a new engine, but do you think anyone BUT him would have gotten a new engine between qualifying and raceday, just because he says it stinks?
              "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WheelerDealer
                I don't know. Enlighten me with a comparison. It would be interesting to see.
                If I knew, I wouldn't be asking.

                Comment


                • #9
                  We'll see, but you can bet brake cleaner won't be a major part of the rebuild process.
                  We flipped our finger to the King of England
                  Stole our country from the Indians
                  With god on our side and guns in our hands
                  We took it for our own!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    With added purse and the addition of 3 testing days for Indycar teams who run full time IPS cars, 2 car max, it could mean more cars next year. It would really be nice to see 15/20/25 cars per race with teams like Penske, Rahal, Panther, AGR running up an coming stars in the IPS. I mean, if Penske can get an advantage by racing two IPS cars full time and receive 6 additional days of testing, he would be foolish not to do it.
                    16th and Georgetown, the greatest place on EARTH!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      this is the best news i have had all week! the infinti's put on the best shows at chicagoland (second to the ICS, of course). Now, all that they need is a good tv production. no more of this thirty minute cut race crap on TV!
                      The River Witch by D. Paul Cooley. Available at Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com.

                      http://www.amazon.com/River-Witch-Pa...e=UTF8&s=books

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by optimusprime05
                        this is the best news i have had all week! the infinti's put on the best shows at chicagoland (second to the ICS, of course). Now, all that they need is a good tv production. no more of this thirty minute cut race crap on TV!
                        Be Patient............I hear there's is a lot more good news in the works for Pro Series.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Be Patient............I hear there's is a lot more good news in the works for Pro Series.
                          More power?


                          I like some of the other stuff I've heard so far.
                          Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            With all the hundreds of millions of dollars the Speedway makes annually from the three races, then (or at least the two), they should do the same thing in IndyCar, especially for the Race.

                            As for more power, all I know is that IP cars need to go a lot faster to be a serious stepping stone to cutthroat IC competition.
                            THIS...IS...OPEN-WHEEL!!!

                            Some people have religion. I happen to be one of them.


                            "If grown men and women wish to take such risks, that is their own business."
                            Ronald Reagan

                            "Be intolerant: because some things are just plain stupid."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Chris

                              As for more power, all I know is that IP cars need to go a lot faster to be a serious stepping stone to cutthroat IC competition.


                              IIRC they only run 20-25 mph off the IndyCars on most ovals they run. How would the Toyota Atlantic cars compare speedwise with the Champ Cars?
                              SENسR MODERATOR......

                              "Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X