Road To Indy Points System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road To Indy Points System

I took a quick look at the Indy Pro 2000 championship and despite winning 5 times this year (compared to the leader's 2 wins) Kyle Kirkwood trails Rasmus Lindh by 13 points because Lindh has been more consistent. It's not like Kirkwood has been doing bad in races, he has only finished out the top 5 a total of three times this season but you wouldn't know that by the points.

I guess this brings up the age old question - should points be more awarding towards wins or towards consistency?

The ladder points system goes like this - 22- 18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1

So even if a person win a ton of races if that same person also doesn't finish well that's has a HUGE affect on his/her point total. I guess that's the challenge but it also leaves drivers extremely penalized even if they are taken out early by incidences that are not their own doing.

I don't know. I admit that I'm a fan of Kirkwood and I want to see him win the title but when you have more then twice the wins of the points leader and have driven well all year - it doesn't make sense to me.
    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

RTI points are: 30 – 25 – 22 – 19 – 17 – 15 -14 – 13 – 12 – 11 – 10 – 9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1

I think it’s a fair system. Kyle has two finishes outside the top 10. Rasmus has a worst finish

Comment

I think a win should be awarded with a bigger margin towards the second place. With Kyle's speed and form I'm sure he'll be on top anyway when the season ends.

However, Rasmus Lindh's finishing record in single seaters is quite astonishing. He's only in his second year and has only DNF'd once and has only been outside the top 10 three times. He's been on the podium in over 50% of the races he's entered.

Comment

RTI is in a bit of a bind because they need a points system that works for both 8 cars (low Indy Lights counts) and 30 cars (High USF2000 counts). A DNF hurts you a lot more in USF2000 than it does in Indy Lights.

Comment

The points scale should be 25-18-15-12-11-10...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X