• RahalsMustache
    replied
    I thought he spells it Oliver Asqueue

Leave a comment:

• dubsywheels
    replied
    Originally posted by drdisque View Post

That is incorrect.

Matthew Brabham was the 2012 USF2000 champion and made it to IndyCar, granted, he didn't win the Indy Lights championship to do so as Karam and Askew have.
    My apologies... I forgot about Matty Brabham. Still... first USF2000 champion since Brabham is an accomplishment. Let's hope we add Kirkwood and Eves to that list soon as well.

Leave a comment:

• drdisque
    replied
    Originally posted by dubsywheels View Post
    Interesting stat: Askew is the first USF2000 champion to make it to IndyCar since Sage Karam, who won it in 2010 (the first year of the Road to Indy).
    That is incorrect.

Matthew Brabham was the 2012 USF2000 champion and made it to IndyCar, granted, he didn't win the Indy Lights championship to do so as Karam and Askew have.

Leave a comment:

• dubsywheels
    replied
    Interesting stat: Askew is the first USF2000 champion to make it to IndyCar since Sage Karam, who won it in 2010 (the first year of the Road to Indy).

Leave a comment:

• Hitokiri
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakester View Post

McLaren,.....please....

Also a rumor of a third Ganassi car, at least part time for Askew.
    If Askew ends up at either of these I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Leave a comment:

• Jakester
    replied
    Originally posted by WheelerDealer View Post
    Hearing McClaren rumors. YMMV.
    McLaren,.....please....

Also a rumor of a third Ganassi car, at least part time for Askew.

Leave a comment:

• WheelerDealer
    replied
    Hearing McClaren rumors. YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• Hitokiri
    replied
    Originally posted by Glass Half Full View Post
    Now that it’s official I’m interested to see how his 2020 ICS package will unfold.

My guess is he’ll get together with Carlin for Indy and a couple more where Charlie doesn’t have the budget.
    Your guess is as good as mine.

Leave a comment:

• Glass Half Full
    replied
    Now that it’s official I’m interested to see how his 2020 ICS package will unfold.

My guess is he’ll get together with Carlin for Indy and a couple more where Charlie doesn’t have the budget.

Leave a comment:

• CrankShaft
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
    I'm glad there's finally some breathing room between him and Veekay. I was worried for Askew last season but I'm glad to see him bounce back this year in Lights. I hope he wins the championship so we can see how he does in Indycar.
    If he only gets 4 races, it will be hard to tell how he will do in Indy Car. Its such a small sample size with a very young driver that it really doesn't tell us much about if he'll be a good Indy Car driver or not.

Hopefully he doesn't fall into the heap with the other recent Lights champions, who are either already on the sidelines at a very young age or barely hanging on in the sport.

Leave a comment:

• Hitokiri
    started a topic Oliver Askew

Oliver Askew

I'm glad there's finally some breathing room between him and Veekay. I was worried for Askew last season but I'm glad to see him bounce back this year in Lights. I hope he wins the championship so we can see how he does in Indycar.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X