Races at COTA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Races at COTA

Yesterdays race was crazy. So much passing and wheel to wheel racing it was incredible. I hope todays race is just as good.
    Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Askew winning both races at COTA is huge IMO. Askew didn't do too well in Pro Mazda and needed something earlier to booster his self esteem and results. As expected though Veekay is only 6 points back and I think that's going to be the story for most of the season. Askew vs Veekay much like how Herta and O'Ward battled it out last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri2 View Post
      Askew winning both races at COTA is huge IMO. Askew didn't do too well in Pro Mazda and needed something earlier to booster his self esteem and results. As expected though Veekay is only 6 points back and I think that's going to be the story for most of the season. Askew vs Veekay much like how Herta and O'Ward battled it out last year.
      I think that this is a pretty good overall assessment of what we'll see this year, but I certainly expect to see Zachary Claman in the hunt for many race wins and I think that if Toby Sowery is able to run the full season, he'll be strong and will continue to mentor David Malukas up his steep learning curve. Robert Megennis looked so good at COTA, and he'll need to keep rising up to get in the scrap. I expected much more from Ryan Norman, but costly mistakes and an overall decrease in pace over each of the two weekends have characterized his season thus far.

The Indy RC should be intriguing. Askew swept in USF2000 in 2017, but Belardi scored three podiums last year with Urrutia and Telitz, so we know they have a good package for the track.

To me, Falchero is still the unknown factor. He's been hampered by issues over the first two races, including zero experience on the St. Pete track, and I believe there's more that we'll see from him.

My COTA 'Breakdown' podcast is now available, if you have listened to it yet - https://roadtoindyinsider.podbean.co...ota-breakdown/
      Respectfully,

Rob Howden
      IndyCar Radio Network
      www.roadtoindyinsider.com
      Road to Indy Presented by Cooper Tires Announcer
      Twitter: @robhowden / @RTI_Insider
      Instagram: @robhowdenracing

Comment

Working...
      X