Do I get last place points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I get last place points?

I wasn't feeling well today and didn't start the race. So shouldn't I get last place points?
    Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Only if you actually entered & qualified for the race.
    One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Lucky are you making fun of Mark's sickness? He was really bad trust me. He came out of the medical center and became dizzy after recieving the IV and then a few minutes later puked and Jeff Simmons stood there and laughed it all up. I think that was stupid of Simmons who I thought had more class than that.

Comment

Originally posted by jrandrew00
        Lucky are you making fun of Mark's sickness? He was really bad trust me. He came out of the medical center and became dizzy after recieving the IV and then a few minutes later puked and Jeff Simmons stood there and laughed it all up. I think that was stupid of Simmons who I thought had more class than that.
        He's not making fun of Mark's sickness.

He's making the point that, at most race events (even local Saturday night tracks), to get start points, you have to actually start. It's the same deal they did with the Shiggster a couple of years ago.
        "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

What should the IRL do - make him strap in, take the green, and pull in?
          http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Racewriter is right. Not making fun of Mark at all. In fact, I'm a little concerned. A racer, and he is one, would have to be pretty sick to not even try. I hope he's a lot better now.

Back to the points. I remember arguing with the promoter at our local track that he should be paying us if we dropped out of the race. He said no, that if we didn't finish the race, we detracted from the show and therefore he didn't owe us anything. Fortunately he does something else for a living now.
            Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X