Brandon and Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon and Mark

I didnt see the accident, that involved Brandon Eriwn and Mark Taylor, but I was looking at the Indy racing timeing and scoring. Hope they will be ok and congrats to Jeff Simmons

They are OK, little wwf afterwards

ESPN type potential material

Comment

Ok thats good they are ok i'm glad after that wreck in Michigan w/ Brandon i was getting worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-OTN
        They are OK, little wwf afterwards

ESPN type potential material
        We need some of that. Get the NASCAR fans interested.
        One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

"We need some of that. Get the NASCAR fans interested"

While I'll admit there is an element of the WWF style in nascar, it's much more important that they put 36 or 43 race cars on the track at EVERY race.

This might make more sense if I cut and pasted the right quote. Then again, maybe not.
          Last edited by Lucky161; 08-10-2003, 10:43 AM.
          Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

It seems Taylor was too quick to apologise for an accident he didn't cause. The replays show that Irwin hit the wall BEFORE he clipped the back of Taylors car. He got up into the grey trying to drive round the recovering Taylor, lost it and took Taylor out. The IRL officials had both the drivers in for a "debrief" and Taylor was cleared of all wrong doing but Erwin had to accept his error. The shoving by Erwin after the accident is understandable with all the adrenaline running but the IRL took a dim view and publicly praised Taylor for his professionalism and restraint under extreme provocation.
            Finally the spotters club came down on Taylors side.
            So Taylor gets another record - The most laps led - 77 by someone not winning the race. Which incidentally he dominated after taking the lead on lap one by overtaking 4 cars.

Comment

B/Mark,
              Thanks for the update. I was following the race via the TSO spoilers, and it sounded like Mark dominated, and then got taken out. Go Panther!
              One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Hey,

All that typing I did was worthwhile. Thanks for reading along B/Mark.
                We flipped our finger to the King of England
                Stole our country from the Indians
                With god on our side and guns in our hands
                We took it for our own!

Comment

Sorry Step, what typing?
                  What I wrote was all from first hand - what I saw and heard.

Comment

Woops,

That was BlueStang that followed the race via my typing. My bad
                    We took it for our own!

Comment

Originally posted by step33T
                      Woops,

That was BlueStang that followed the race via my typing. My bad
                      And I will be a little bit worried if I was the only one that followed it that way.

Thanks for the spoilers!

Comment

Actually I think Mark is still at fault as he should of stayed low once he knew Brandson was going high. He did go into Brandon's line and Brandon thought he was going to keep on going so he moved and tapped the wall enough to go into Mark. If he did not know Brandon was there than Pancho needs his eyes checked I could tell he was moving up from like the 15 row or something (two rows before reserved section). Around 6:30 Brandon was still mad at Mark and glad they were on seperate sides of the garages for the autograph session as Brandon said "Mark's a prick" to me when I was asking about the accident.

Comment

Well no surprise that Brandon wasn't happy.
                          Drivers are allowed to take the line, provided they don't block.
                          Taylor didn't block but Brandon maybe thought he was going to and went too high into the grey and lost it into the wall, then clipping Taylor into a spin. But taylor did leave Irwin space to drive past, but not sideways!
                          IRL officialls extensively reviewed the replays before making their decision.
                          Surely this is a racing incident, things happen, drivers get upset, eventually they get over it and learn from the experience.
                          That's the purpose of the IPS.

Comment

Originally posted by jrandrew00
                            Around 6:30 Brandon was still mad at Mark and glad they were on seperate sides of the garages for the autograph session as Brandon said "Mark's a prick" to me when I was asking about the accident.
                            Jewls,

You just don't seem to get it
                            We took it for our own!

Comment

Brandon's a decent guy, Taylor clearly never meant any harm - they need to forget and move on!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X